Unknown climber

emorysmom(z8 NC)July 20, 2005

Please help ID this rose.

Mystery rose was purchased from walmart on sale 3 yrs. ago. It was labled, but i lost the tag. Looks small in this pic because it was repotted this spring, but in its last pot was climbing to 6 ft. Blooms are deep pink and fragrant. Foliage is bluish red and not glossy. Bright pink thorns. Repeat bloomer. Disease resistance is excellent,standing up to the heat very well...

I hope i can find out more!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bebble(z8 E.TX)

I by no means am an expert; however, I just thought I'd ask it you remembered the tag saying "Cl." or Climber on it - if your in zone 8, 6ft might not indicate climber...just tall.

Oh, and btw others who know roses better will prob. ask you about the fragrance, thorns (color & #), leaves new growth color - anything that could set it appart. I had one once and oddly enough it was the sepals shape after the petals had fallen that pegged it.

Just trying to help...It looks like you'll prob. find a name for it though.

Best of Luck

Bookmark   July 20, 2005 at 4:10PM
emorysmom(z8 NC)

some other characteristics are...Strong canes with thorns, but the stems are thornless and weak. If it rains hard blooms flop over and bend the stem. Blooms singly and in clusters. Greyish blue matte leaves, with new growth being red. Planted from bareroot into pot 3yrs ago. Although it took awhile this rose appeared to be a climber. With tall bare canes and lush top growth. The pot it was in cracked and so it was replanted into a new pot this spring. It is about one third of the size it was last year, but is growing well.

Bookmark   July 21, 2005 at 8:50AM
roseluvr

Without more info, and off the top of my head, it looks like Pink Don Juan-but this is where fragrance level, petal count, and bloom size (among other things) are needed to help narrow down the myriad of choices out there. bebble is right-your rose could be just a very tall-growing variety rather than a climber. Pink Don Juan is a climber-check out the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink Don Juan

Bookmark   July 21, 2005 at 9:32AM
More Discussions
More nd more...hope sm1 names them
It's SN21 ...newbie ....please name these flower ...thanks...
sn21
Red & white striped rose
I'm trying to identify my neighbor's red & white...
weberriver
old rose ID1
This rose is a low bush (to 80 cm) growing under a...
dkelch
Large fragrant apricot rose ID.
I'm trying to ID this apricot rose that came with my...
fireballsocal
Sponsored Products
Alessi | Boston Shaker
$120.00 | YLighting
Climber Birthday Invitations - Set of Ten
$17.99 | zulily
Eastern Jungle Gym Steering Wheel - CW
$25.99 | Hayneedle
Climb Wall Hooks in White - Set of 3
$19.99 | Dot & Bo
Constellation Wall Art
| Dot & Bo