Marijke Koopman?

sara_ann-z6bokJuly 7, 2013

This fully open bloom is supposed to be Marijke Koopman. I have no idea what it is. I've ordered dozens of roses thru the years, I can only recall one other time I received a mis-labeled one. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara_ann-z6bok

This is the same bloom taken earlier. To tell you the truth I think it is gorgeous, but I didn't think it was Marijke Koopman, because I could see the golden shadings, when it opened I was sure. I ordered 2 and the other has one unopened bloom, pretty sure it is the right one. I have only seen pictures of this rose and never seen any indication that it was anything but pink, both from the photos and the descriptions.

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 5:04PM
seil zone 6b MI

That is not Marijke Koopman. This is my Marijke.

You can see it doesn't have any yellow in it like yours and has fewer petals too.

It looks more like Dream Come True, Granada or Mardi Gras to me. Those are all yellow/orange/reddish blends.

DCT

Grenada

Mardis Gras

Bookmark   July 12, 2013 at 8:49PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Seil - Thanks. The coloring seems to be closest to Granada. I'm not sure yet. Since it is own-root maybe the bush needs to mature a little more to be able to tell for sure.

Bookmark   July 12, 2013 at 10:25PM
More Discussions
Red & white striped rose
I'm trying to identify my neighbor's red & white...
weberriver
The name of the rose
While searching for yellow roses on Google a couple...
johnb45
IDing some Austins for me
Hi All, I purchased a few of these Austin's from Cool...
SoFL Rose z10
Ebay red rose with beautiful silver-green leaves
I purchased what I thought was Olympiad on Ebay. I...
jasminerose4u, California
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™