knock out roses

kglimSeptember 16, 2006

What variety of Knock Out roses would look best planted in a front yard bed anchored by a thriving 3-in-1 Rose of Sharon? Color-wise, can't tell from the catalog pictures whether to go with the Double KO, Pink KO or the original KO. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diane_nj 6b/7a

Double and original are the same color. Pink is lighter. Here, original can get hot pink in mid-summer.

Bookmark   September 17, 2006 at 9:12PM
truli(5)

Hi, I have a 5 of each, red and pink, singles/original ones. I planted them alternately red-pink-red-pink in a hedge form along my fence line to hide the ulgy chain link. The reds turn more fuchsia for me and the pinks have a bright rich pink color. I have to tell you, although a lot of rose lovers don't like knockouts or consider them "true" roses they are spectacular! They put on a show from spring up till it snows here and I have had a lot of people stop their cars to look and ask about them. For a landscape rose they are perfect, carefree, but, they bring a serious shock of color to your yard. This is a picture of my red knockout.

Bookmark   November 10, 2006 at 1:36PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

I have two of the originals. They are almost florescent hot pink in my climate.

Depending on what color your rose of sharon is, the pink or one of the other pastel colors may blend better.

I think there is a new blush and a new rainbow that has some yellow but I may be mistaken.

Whatever color, they are awesome landscape plants.

Bookmark   March 11, 2007 at 3:22PM
More Discussions
Reviving an old Mary Rose
There's an old Mary Rose in front of our house. It...
misslisamham
Homemade Insecticidal Soap Formula
Today I visited John Starnes' blog: Rosegasms And I...
sandandsun
Reblooming, Fragrant, Disease Resistant Climbers?
I'm trying to find this for an arch so 10-12'. I have...
treehugger101
Products & recipes that you love & roses that gave joy
Lately I have been shopping on Amazon instead, after...
strawchicago 5a IL
Rose pruning help
Hello all, Thanks for the wonderful forum, I really...
adi_az_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™