Peach Colored OGR or Austin or Delbard?

SoFL Rose z10August 5, 2013

HI All,
I purchased this rose from Cool Roses at their annual summer sale for $10. It was not marked so they were unable to tell me the name of it. And it's been a pretty good performer so I'd really like to know what it could be. It has very pretty 3-4in peach/apricot colored blooms that open almost quartered and very flat. It also has a very nice fragrance a fruity but very distinct rose scent. The bush is somewhat of a slow grower not too vigorous or tall (about 3 feet thus far) and the flowers are borne one to a stem. If anyone can ID this rose I'd be thrilled. I looked it up and it almost looks like it could be The Shepherdess rose, an Austin. But that rose patent must be expired in order for it to be that one because they had all their Austin Roses well marked and organized.
I thought maybe it could be a Delbard rose because it was grouped with other Delbards like Dames de Chenonceau which I also bought. Or maybe an Old Garden rose because they had those near by too.
Any suggestions would be very welcomed.
:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

It looks a little like Evelyn to me.

Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 5:22PM
Krista_5NY

IMHO it's not The Shepherdess.

The color is similar to Evelyn, however it doesn't look like it has enough petals for Evelyn.

The Austins often bloom in clusters, so if it blooms one to a stem, I'd wonder if it could be another type of rose...

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 3:52PM
SoFL Rose z10

It does bloom on per stem (thus far).
I did some research and it looks to me like it could be Ambridge rose. But something tells me its not an Austin at all. It could be an Austin but it would have to be one where the patent has expired. It really looks like the pics of Ambridge I see online but it does not bloom in clusters, at least it hasn't yet.

Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 6:19AM
More Discussions
What rose is this on the cover of "In search of lost roses"?
I am sorry I know it is probably like looking for a...
kingcobbtx9b
Rose Identification
Please help me id this rose. Thanks.
Bubbi01
Pink fortuniana? White carnea? Or...?
When I was a kid in North Carolina (during the Reagan...
tdfromnc
Help me ID this rose, please!
Can anyone help me find out the name of this rose?...
Anh3012
Pink/Yellow Blend?
This was a rescue plant, so don't know what the name...
msdorkgirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™