mini rose... what kind of mini is this???

nhchicky(5 So NH)August 4, 2008

Hello everyone i am new. i do hope mini roses are welcome to this forum ;). anyway i have this rose i bought at hannaford. i would love to know what kind it is.. this is one of my 5 minis i have. i have no idea what kinda any of them are. please help !!! :):):)this one first ;) thanks guys!!!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan_keil_cr Keil(Illinois z5)

How tall is it ?

Bookmark   August 5, 2008 at 3:50PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

I didn't know what "hannaford" was, but coincidentally, it was mentioned in an article in yesterday's NY Times about supermarkets.

The mini is probably one hybridized by Poulsen Rosen, from the Poulsen Parade series of miniature roses.
The plants were grown indoors, in greenhouses. They are own root. Although typically sold as "throw away gift" plants, they can (and should) be grown outdoors.

Bookmark   August 7, 2008 at 8:22AM
nhchicky(5 So NH)

well when i posted this message it was only about 8 inches tall. NOW its about 15 inches growing like a weed!!!! and ty diane nj. ive noticed lately that the supermarkets carry alot of the "parade" variety's :)

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 4:36PM
theroselvr

I actually had the same one, it didn't survive our move. I got it at the supermarket. Mine was not tagged with a name, don't recall if I ID'd it at the parade site or not. My computer went down in March, haven't gotten it running yet

Since you are in NH you might want to make sure you winter protect it.

Bookmark   August 23, 2008 at 2:47PM
More Discussions
A single petaled coral colored rose
This bushy rose came with the house. I never paid much...
dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
Rose Identification
Please help me id this rose. Thanks.
Bubbi01
Pink fortuniana? White carnea? Or...?
When I was a kid in North Carolina (during the Reagan...
tdfromnc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™