Spider Mites (and Companion Plants!)
I'm new around here (and brand spankin' new to roses too!) so I hope this isn't too much of a newbie post :P...
I was googling about companion plants for spider mites as my Pink Pet seems to be under attack from the pesky things. Apparently "Mary Jane" suffers a lot from spider mites because the first three search results were from websites alllll about it lol.
Any way, I found this list of companion plants for repelling spider mites and other pests (I don't know half of these bugs myself lol, but maybe someone will find this info useful!):
* garlic - aphids, cowpea curculio, flea beetles, japanese beetles, mexican been leaf beetles, root maggots, spider mites and squash vine borers
* onion - bean leaf beetle, cabbage loopers, carrot flies, flea beetles, harlequin bugs, mexican bean leaf beetles, mice, rabbits, spider mites and squash vine borers
* dill - aphids, cabbage moths and spider mites
* fennel - aphids, slugs, snails and spider mites
* coriander/cilantro - aphids, colorado potato beetles and spider mites
* chives - aphids, japanese beetles and spider mites
* cloves - cowpea curculio, spider mites and squash vine borers
Sooooo.....have any of you had success with planting any of these said plants near your roses? Pink Pet is currently in a pot in my screen enclosure. I figure if this does work I could just put chives or something in a pot next to her? Any feedback is welcomed! Thanks in advance!