Strike It Rich Rose?

BRMeadows(8a)August 12, 2013

Is this upright bush Strike It Rich? It's about 4 / 5 feet tall. The bloom was on a 4 foot new shoot coming from close to bottom of plant. Blooms are cantaloupe in color. The leaves are a med/dark green without a sign of BS. Only a slight woody smell.

I need your help in IDing this rose.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

It does look like a lot of the photos of Strike It Rich on HMF

Here is a link that might be useful: Strike It Rich

Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 5:15PM
BRMeadows(8a)

Thanks sell,

I believe this is Strike It Rich. When i first looked I didn't notice pink on the tip/end of petals, but did notice it was different than the middle. I have looked at additional blooms, they have some color shading but not pink to my eye. The rose bush is in partial shade and some blooms are under a soffit this may account for the absent of pink.

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 7:54AM
Dinglehopp3r z7A. EastTN

I have been looking into getting Strike It Rich, and although this does look similar to the photos I've seen, it also looks a lot like South Africa, and since Strike It Rich is supposed to have a strong fragrance, and since this one does not have much of one, maybe it could be the less fragranced South Africa? I would love anyone who has more experience with either of these roses to neither confirm or deny this for me because as I said I'm looking into getting Strike It Rich, if it has no fragrance, I may reconsider.

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 8:08PM
BRMeadows(8a)

I recently purchase a Strike It Rich rose but the band has only bloomed one time and rain got the best of it..

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 9:44PM
BRMeadows(8a)

I recently purchase a Strike It Rich rose but the band has only bloomed one time and rain got the best of it..

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
Please ID this rose
see 4 photos Please let me know if you need more photos...
gcotterl
Pink fortuniana? White carnea? Or...?
When I was a kid in North Carolina (during the Reagan...
tdfromnc
Please help to ID this rose
I found these rose plants near my hometown and all...
neddy_nam
Red & white striped rose
I'm trying to identify my neighbor's red & white...
weberriver
help, is this twilight zone?
It doesn't look like the twilight zone on the website...
msdorkgirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™