Wanted: Silver Shadows

tkopari(Z4 MN)April 23, 2012

I would like to trade for some Silver Shadows cuttings, rooted or not. I have rooted Abraham Darby (Austin) and Music Maker (Buck) from last year in 4" pots (can send bareroot). I will have unrooted cuttings of the same two as well as Amazing Grace (HT Cocker 1991) and Graham Thomas (Austin) in about a month.

Thanks!

Tony

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
t-bred(5)

I have Silver Shadows that I would be interested in trading for Amazing Grace and Graham Thomas cuttings. I'm in z5 and the bush is really starting to leaf out now so it would probably be a month as well. Let me know

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 3:11PM
tkopari(Z4 MN)

Most excellent! We've had such an early spring that mine are well leafed out also. A month should be perfect. How many cuttings of each would you want? What state are you in? If you're fairly far away from Minnesota I would want to send your cuttings in a cooler box.

Thanks for being interested in a trade!

Tony

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 3:30PM
t-bred(5)

Hi Tony,
I'm outside Chicago so depending where you are in MN. Shipping probably would be pretty quick. I have never shipped cuttings before so maybe I could be advised on that.
I would appreciate 2-3 cuttings of each if that is possible.Let me know.
I LOVE my Silver Shadows, it is gorgeous and smells wonderful!I'm surprised more people don't grow this one. I also have Distant Drums from Buck and a lovely English Legend rose called Thornbury Castle if you are interested.

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 4:33PM
tkopari(Z4 MN)

We might be able to go with a padded envelope and a cold pack for that distance. I would love to get some of your other roses also, especially Thornbury Castle. I'm more inclined to send and receive 4-6 cuttings of each, if you're agreeable to that. Survival rate can be low, so it's best to improve your odds with volume so we won't have to ship twice.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again!

Tony

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 5:05PM
ChatanoogaChooChoo(7b)

t-bred, would you be interested in trading cuttings for some of my roses? I've been looking for 'Silver Shadows' also. Mine are pictured here in my post:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/explant/exch0420200620502.html?1

Thanks,

-Amanda

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 6:38PM
t-bred(5)

Tony, that's fine regarding cutting #'s I guess we can keep in touch until roses are ready ( do we e-mail for addresses?)

Chatanooga, I will keep you in line for Silver Shadows cuttings, maybe we could do second bloom cuttings.

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 8:15PM
ChatanoogaChooChoo(7b)

Okey dokey, my address is listed on my page so shoot me an email whenever you see fit. Distant Drums is also very nice if you feel it advantageous to trade that one as well.

Thanks!

-Amanda

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 9:10PM
tkopari(Z4 MN)

t-bred,

Exchanging our addresses by email would be the way to go. It looks like you need to add your email address to your profile so that a link will come up on your member page that says "Send me an email". If you're logged in and you go to http://members.gardenweb.com/members/, you can edit your information. I don't think your email address will ever be seen by anyone else.

Tony

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 4:47PM
t-bred(5)

Tony,
I sent you an e-mail.

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 9:13PM
More Discussions
rose cutting in plastic bag
I've taken 2 cuttings from a rose - picture attached...
lenarufus
First time hybridizing -- Have a specific goal. Need advice
Hello, everyone! I have been thinking of trying my...
Greg
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
Meredith posted this on the Antique Roses forum: In...
jasminerose4u, California
Interesting rose rooting video on the industrial scale.
Just came across this video on stenting. It is amazing...
caflowerluver
Temperature in misting box.
Does anyone have ideas on how to reduce the temperature...
kfoxxed
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™