Shipping peppers

koalaberryOctober 2, 2010

I want to ship a few peppers to my brother who lives on the opposite side of Washington. Does anyone have any tips on how to package them? I was thinking of putting them in a ziplock and then some bubble wrap around it...does that sound good?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ottawapepper

Depends, how important is it that your brother is guaranteed getting the peppers intact.

Mail is a crap shoot. 20, 30 pounds+ of mail sitting on a bubble wrapped envelope of peppers in transit might mean they arrive crushed, yes?

I'd look for a box to bubble wrap them in.

Bookmark   October 2, 2010 at 8:06PM
koalaberry

Oh, I was going to bubble wrap them and then put them inside one of the USPS flat-rate boxes. I just want to make sure that putting them in a ziplock won't make them gross by the time they get to the destination.

Bookmark   October 2, 2010 at 10:14PM
ottawapepper

Don't worry about the zip lock, across state delivery is what, one or two days? They'll only get "gross" after 5 - 10 days in zip lock.

Bookmark   October 2, 2010 at 11:46PM
saanen

I sent some peppers to friends this week, and I just put them in paper lunch sacks in a box. I figured they'd do better in paper than in plastic. It also made it easier to label the peppers--I just wrote directly on the sacks.

Bookmark   October 3, 2010 at 3:29PM
chilemilio

I just recieved some peppers, and they were wrapped in a paper towel type of material inside a box. Guessing that material was to keep moisture from building up. Hope this helps

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 4:52PM
More Discussions
Hate the new layout
How about you? Usually, I don't care, but this blows. Kevin...
woohooman
Your Grow List --- 2015
It is getting closer to start the season especially...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
Lemon Peppers
I grew these last year from store bought seeds. They...
cooperdr_gw
Resurrect my Scorpion plant?
So I have a Trinidad Scorpion plant that produced fairly...
newcoyote
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™