WANTED: have rooted cuttings of old roses for trade

beluga01June 25, 2011

My albas and gallicas are sending up lots of volunteers right now. They include:

Cardinal Richelieu, Belle de Crecy, Ma Cene (a variegated gallica) , Felicite Parmentier, Charles deMilles, Tuscany Superb. Also have the damask, Rose de Resht and the HP, Souvenir Doctor Jamain. This latter is very special if you don't know it.

Too early to tell, but by the fall I may also have rooted cuttings of a Glauca, Moysii, and a very fine unidentified deep red moss rose, that looks like a cabbage rose. My Moysii may have 500 buds on it.

I'm looking for Louis Odier, Mdme Isaac Perrier, or in fact any alba, gallica, moss, or bourbon that catches my fancy. Surprise me. Have a bit of an interest in English roses, but only specific ones appeal to me. Right now, the only English rose i own is Chaucer, which I bought for its very strong musk fragrance.

Not sure how to exchange emails without the spammers finding it, but maybe if someone answers here, they can tell me how to do it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tkopari(Z4 MN)

I have Abraham Darby and Graham Thomas (both David Austin English Roses) cuttings if you're interested.

Tony

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 6:49PM
finocchia(6)

I have plenty of cuttings to spare of Madame Plantier and Madame Hardy (Damasks). Many more ogrs are in my propagation bins right now, including Reine Des Violettes, Belle Sultane and others. It"s my first attempt; hope some of them take!
Email me if you are interested.

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 11:11PM
hartwood

I am always interested in trading with folks who love old roses as much as I do. Your gallicas really sound intriguing!

There's quite an assortment under my mist heads right now, though summer propagation success is usually hit and miss. We can take this discussion off-board and talk about a trade this fall, if you'd like. My email is in my profile, or use the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: contact info

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 7:48AM
More Discussions
Hawaii conditions probably not conducive to burrito method
Just wanted to share, I attempted to do the burrito...
msdorkgirl
budding versus grafting
Sorry that should read budding versus rooting Hi, This...
sutekesh Switzerland 6a
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
Meredith posted this on the Antique Roses forum: In...
jasminerose4u, California
Grafting roses on fortuniana
Hi guys, Last summer I rooted various cuttings of fortuniana...
SoFL Rose z10
cuttings for rooting
I have been a miniature rose lover for a long time...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™