WANTED: Prospero

roselee z8b S.W. TexasSeptember 14, 2010

I had Prospero (AUSpero 1982) and dearly loved it, but it didn't survive a move. It is rarely offered by rose nurseries anymore so if you have one perhaps we could trade for cuttings of roses I have.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_ca(CA US9/SSZ14)

Hi Roselee,

Propero is indeed a treasure. I left one behind in a former house and missed it as well. I got a specimen recently from Pickering Nurseries of Ontario, Canada, a good, reasonably-price source of roses. Could you send me a list of what you have in your garden or perhaps post of list of what you have to trade in your "Trade List" on your profile? Perhaps we can trade cuttings for a number of different roses.

John

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 7:16PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

John, thank you for replying! I'll get a list of my roses together and put it on 'My Page' within the next day or two. I only have about 40 or 50 roses right now. Hopefully I'll have something that you might like to try.

Bookmark   October 3, 2010 at 7:44PM
john_ca(CA US9/SSZ14)

Hi Roselee,

I sent you an email this weekend with a list of what I grow. Please let me know if you still would like to trade cuttings.

Thanks,

John

Bookmark   December 20, 2010 at 5:21PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

John, as you know by now I received your email. Thank you. Also wanted to let people know that thanks to John I found out that Pickering offered Prospero so I ordered it from them. Michael G mentioned on a post that Prospero is not an easy rose to root so thought that would be the best route, no pun intended :-)

Bookmark   December 26, 2010 at 11:27AM
More Discussions
How do I name a rose
I have a pretty pink sport of Medallion I want to share...
kittymoonbeam
Hawaii conditions probably not conducive to burrito method
Just wanted to share, I attempted to do the burrito...
msdorkgirl
Winter Rose Propagation
I live in Colorado where dry air and irregular weather...
pizzuti
Chicago Peace Rose Help
Ok everyone I am looking for a Chicago peace rose for...
for_my_kids
Rose Tree Grafting Project: Hydra & Ninetails/Kurama
I've recently learn about the "40 fruits tree"...
blackjacket
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™