Queen of Sweden or Geoff Hamilton?

StarSeven7November 2, 2011

I bought this Austin rose this summer and it was labeled L.D. Braithwaite. After it started blooming pale pink, I realized it must have been mislabeled! I started thinking it was Queen of Sweden and even emailed pictures to the David Austin offices and they agreed with me. But after looking at more pictures of Queen of Sweden and comparing it to my rose, I think maybe it looks more like the pictures of Geoff Hamilton that I've seen. Anyone care to weigh in? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
strawchicago 5a IL(zone 5a)

I agree with you that it looks more like Geoff Hamilton. Queen of Sweden's branches are more upright. How does your rose smell like? Light myrrh as of Queen of Sweden, or like the catalog describes for Geoff Hamilton: light Old Rose fragrance with a hint of apple.

Bookmark   January 18, 2012 at 10:04AM
SoFL Rose z10

I think its Geoff Hamilton. I have QoS and she is not as globular in form. She's more flat when opened. See the pic.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:16AM
Mountie(6b)

StarSeven7,
Have you considered that this may be Kathryn Morley? In the photo above, the bloom appears to be held on a long stem. That fits David Austin's own description of Kathryn Morley in his book "David Austin's English Roses" (with photos by Clay Perry). The soft pink color looks like Kathryn as well.

Bookmark   August 26, 2014 at 4:41PM
thelarkascending

I think this is a Geoff Hamilton. The Queen of Sweden isn't so round when fully bloomed. And Queen of Sweden, at least in the pics, looks slightly...almost peachy?

Bookmark   October 22, 2014 at 1:36PM
More Discussions
Old rose ID 2
This is a climbing rose that clambers to 15 feet over...
dkelch
Help me ID this rose, please!
Can anyone help me find out the name of this rose?...
Anh3012
Please help identify this rose
Hello everyone, I saw a video on YouTube about roses...
jesusortiz2691
The name of the rose
While searching for yellow roses on Google a couple...
johnb45
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™