See if this works this time!

wanna_be_rose_grwr(8)December 11, 2008

Hopefully this will put my pictures in here...maybe?

YESSSSS! Okay, so here's the J&P rose I'm trying to identify! Thank you for any help!

Jill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
littlesmokie(Portland z8)

It reminds me a little of my Perfume Delight, so I'll throw that out as a suggestion to get you started (have you already done a search on helpmefind.com/roses?)

I'm sorry I don't know whether J&P sold it during the period your father was acquiring roses, but it was first introduced in the 1970's and is still sold today. Good luck! Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Perfume Delight

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 11:20PM
wanna_be_rose_grwr(8)

Hi Dawn!

Yes...that's where my confusion comes in! I've looked at many roses on the Helpmefind.com website and searched on several nursery websites as well. Perfume Delight was a thought and Fragrant Memory has been suggested, too. I have found several roses with similar characteristics, although there might be some differences in regards to color, scent, growth or introduction. That's where I'm hoping someone with some old J&P catalogs or brochure information might come into play, since this was a test panel rose. I've only been able to identify one other rose from that group and that was "Pleasure".

I thank you for your suggestions and will keep Perfume Delight on my list of "possibles"!

Happy Holidays!
Jill

Bookmark   December 16, 2008 at 9:53AM
theroselvr

I know this is out there but I was wondering if any of you have some of the old Jackson and Perkins catalogs from around 1989/1990/1991 that might help me identify this numbered rose I acquired years ago from my Dad, but lost to a teething puppy

Wish I could help.. I didn't start saving catalogs until the late 90's.

Beautiful rose.

Bookmark   January 23, 2009 at 9:45AM
More Discussions
Is this Maggie (1900) or Magenta Kordes (1954)
I lost the tag to this rose but I remember it either...
caflowerluver
identify this amazing rose for me please!!!
Hello I woiuld greatly appreciate if any of you could...
lcadem
The name of the rose
While searching for yellow roses on Google a couple...
johnb45
Help me Id rose from great-great-grandma
There is a row of three rose plants that have been...
Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
Please ID this rose
see 4 photos Please let me know if you need more photos...
gcotterl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™