Hi. I'm new :)

cinderspritzer(z 4 or 5)July 3, 2011

Hi there. My name is Candice. I've lived in Colorado practically forever, but am only now really starting to enjoy gardening (and it's quickly becoming an obsession).

We bought our first house last summer, and this year I finally have made time to go out and attempt to get some order into the gardens the old owners left. In doing so, I have found 19 rose bushes. I only knew of 6 when I started, so it's been interesting.

We have something coming up out front, and from what I can tell, it's an iris of some sort. Won't know for sure until the blooms open, though.

I joined the forums because this is the most recommended site through my google searches. So yeah. Nice to meet you all :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado

Hi Cinder/Candice,

Welcome to RMG, our Support the Obsession forum! Glad you found your way to us, and glad you have some of your own dirt now to plant stuff in! :-)

Since you're taking over existing gardens, if you run into something you can't identify, there's almost always somebody around here to help figure out what it is if you post pictures of it. (And we love pictures even if you're not trying to identify something!!!) Let us know when you have questions or are looking for suggestions, and we hope you'll come join us in helping to answer others' questions and commenting on other threads. RMG is a fun and friendly place to share your burgeoning addiction with the rest of us addicts!

In case you haven't been lurking long enough to notice this, we have two plant swaps each year in the Denver Metro area. The Spring Swap was at my house in Thornton this year in May, and the Fall Swap this time will be in Castle Rock, date to be determined yet. If that's something you might be interested in, check out the Fall Swap '11 thread for more info. It's a great way to meet some of the friendly gardening folks who post here--and to get some free plants too!

Again, welcome,
Skybird

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 5:12PM
digit(ID/WA)

Nice to meet you, Candice!

Steve

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 5:25PM
cinderspritzer(z 4 or 5)

I did see the thread about the swap. Most of the stuff in my yard is either easily identified, or ugly and has thus been torn out. I plant to try my hand at propagating roses this fall, so my attendance here should be growing greatly :)

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 6:29PM
bpgreen(5UT)

Welcome to the forum!

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 12:48PM
msfuzz

Heya Candice. Welcome aboard!

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 12:59PM
jclepine(8b)

Hi Candice, welcome!

Here is an idea, you might want to take some photos now so that you'll have a record of all the progress you'll make.

Have fun digging and planting.

Jennifer

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 12:37AM
More Discussions
Your Seed Catalogs
Are they showing up in the mail box? The 2015 Stokes...
digit
Thornless blackberries in CO?
I've got a front yard veggie/fruit/perennial garden...
packardce
Anybody bored...wanna play a guessing game?!
Trying to figure out what this bush is. This photo...
lkcrawford
Holly, potatoes!
I tried to send you an email but apparently the mobile...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
What did You Prepare and Eat from the Garden, Today?
A mix of Soldier and Jacob's Cattle beans with onions,...
digit
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™