seeds akreadt started

lsl33October 13, 2010

Hi, This past July, I was cleaning off a shelf and low and behold, found my Aji Lemon Drop seeds that someone from this forum sent to me at least 3 - 4 years ago. Of course, I planted about 7 of them, and one sprouted. (took at least a month, I almost gave up) It is now tiny, just 4 leaves, like a little rose. I live in the San Francisco Bay area, inland, where it has been in the 90's this week and 60's overnight. My question, if I bring it in, will it survive until next spring? I have brought in a few chilis over the past two winters and two have survived. The other casualities were probably due to lack of water, and my Thai chili and serranos were just survivors. I give them a soap bath a few times during the winter season and put them outside on the deck during the day when possible. Has anyone ever started seeds successfully, so late?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjetski(6b NJ)

So late? I think you mean early ;)

There are pepper gardeners in other garden forums that have begun sowing seed already but even by their own admission they are very early but they have the correct lighting system setup so...

Checkout our "growing under lights" sub-forum for some supplemental lighting ideas: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/lights/

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's that other pepper forum

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 10:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

Your plant will most likely survive and grow well.
One of my friends just sprouted a couple Naga's and a Bih.
I wish I had more room....but I'll have to wait until February to start my seeds.

Josh

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 9:48AM
More Discussions
My Carolina Reapers and Naga Viper need help!
As you can see from the pictures above each of the...
krystalpepper
Seed soak
IIs 24 hours too long? I won't be home until then....
peps_22
Cotton bugs (?) with pictures.
I planted a jolokia back in October from a seed. It...
Anthony Pomerinke
Are you a patron of Padron peppers for tapas?
Or would that be 'tapas (appetizer) de padron a patronis'...
bragu_DSM 5
bad batch of corn … oh
OTOH nothing happened after 26 days with my first batch...
bragu_DSM 5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™