Incredible Edibles: Seed Clean Out
Happy New Year!
Ok, so you've gotten all your new catalogs and decided what you're going to order. You've pulled out a pen and paper a dozen times to design the spring garden. Before you order those seeds, don't you think you should clean some out of your stash?!
Good! I'm glad you decided to do so! You'll feel better. Those seeds that have just sat there will go to someone that will use them and you may get a few things you want too.
HERE"S HOW IT WORK
*This will be for edibles only. These can be vegetables, fruits, herbs and edible flowers.
* Viable seeds only please!
* It is NOT intended to be a swap to building your stash. It is truly meant to clean out your stash of seeds. Since it is a seed clean out there is a good chance of you getting less seeds back. Unwanted seeds are being donated to Need 4 Seed, an organization that distributes seeds to those in need.
* Please send a list of seeds that you have sent along with a list of seeds you do not wish to receive. Make sure to include both your name & GW name on the list.
* Please send a list of wants. Make sure to include both your name & GW name on the list.
* Please make sure your "want list" is up to date on GW.
* You will need to send me a SASBE and enough postage to get your package back to you.
* I will look at people's trade lists and wish lists to see what their wants are. If there are seeds to match or come close to your wants you'll get them. If there are seeds that are questionable, I'll post a "Going Once, Going Twice" where someone can speak up if they want them. To keep the time table moving it'll be posted for 3 days. If no one claims them at the end of 3 days, they'll go to Need 4 Seed. The rest will be donated to Need 4 Seed. For example: I have enough cabbage seeds to feed a small army. If someone desires these seeds in our group, there yours! If not, I will gladly donate these to Need 4 Seed. I don't expect anything back in return for them.
Please sign up by January 24. Please have seeds into me by January 31. The first week in February will start the "Going Once, Going Twice" posts. Seeds to go out the second week in February. Make sure to update your trade lists!"