Grrrrr - I threw out my seeds...

harmonypMarch 1, 2013

I KNEW this was going to happen. I've been pampering seeds in the fridge since December now. Was just getting to the point where I was bringing them out on occasion to "warm up" a little, in hopes of getting them to start waking up. I did a fridge cleaning last week. Standard - after grocery shopping after work, making it my normal 14 hr day of no breaks. Fridge looks awesome - even washed all the shelves. And that cruddy little round plastic thingy that held those precious little seeds is sitting in landfill somewhere.

)#@!(*$)(#*)@(#$*)@#(*$)(#*$)(#@*

Sigh...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eahamel(9a)

You have my sympathies. I've done it more than once myself. Oh,well. Next year is another day....

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 6:25PM
roseseek

"Oh,well. Next year is another day...." , or at least, it feels that way with each passing year! As Kermit the Frog said, "Time's sure fun when you're having flies!" Kim

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 9:14PM
kittymoonbeam

About 5 years ago I bought a little used refrigerator and chilled several large batches of tulip and hyacinth bulbs all winter. Took them out and put them in a box on the north side of the house behind a bush to keep them cool until I was ready to plant. Forgot all about them and when I went back, critters had eaten everything and just left droppings and papery husks in the box.

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 9:21PM
harmonyp

Ahh... I can always count on you guys to make me feel better. Thanks!!! I'm having so much luck with the cuttings, heck - I'm goin for it. Will try a little manual cross-pollination this year, and get those seeds to open!! Was the intention anyways.

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 1:16AM
seil zone 6b MI

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, harmony! Next year go to the dollar store and buy a container that's a bright color and mark it so it doesn't happen again. I keep mine in a grocery bag but then I don't clean my fridge that often, lol!

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 3:58PM
More Discussions
Don't give up on your rooted cuttings too soon
I received this rooted cutting in a trade last summer,...
vaflowernut
how do I propagate a rose bush?
and when should I transplant a rosebush that it will...
mary grether
My first year growing roses from seed. I have my first bud!
I have over 30 sprouted now, and I have my first bud! How...
gr8heather
Best Rooting Hormone?
Is there a rooting hormone powder, gel or liquid that...
g-in-fl
Need advice on prepping rootstock...
I am just beginning to try rooting some DR HUEY for...
bethnorcal9
Sponsored Products
Outdoor Lanterns. 150 Degree Laurelstone Motion Sensing Decorative Lantern - Rus
$58.56 | Home Depot
Large St Charles Pend
Lightology
Chimney Wall Lantern
Lightology
Cedar Wood Creek Valley Potting Bench - 1590
$329.99 | Hayneedle
Rico Espinet Buster Globe Aged Brass Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Progress Lighting Outdoor Lanterns. Westport Collection Antique Bronze 1-light W
$82.62 | Home Depot
Tuscany Coast Weathered Charcoal 1-Light Outdoor Sconce
Overstock.com
White Planter Set
$19.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™