Good HT seed parents

ken-n.ga.mts(7a/7b)March 26, 2013

I'm hunting for a few good HT seed parents. I've heard Pristine is good. Sheer Elegance?? Crystalline?? Maybe Royal Amethyst?? Any reds or yellows?? Will be crossing strickly HT's. I'll be trying to get a good HT that I can enjoy in my home garden. Something all my own. Thanks for any information.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

I'm on the same hunt. Helpmefind - has good information under "growing" I think. But I find it impossible to get information on the roses I have. Guess, I'll just have to play wait and see. (waid and seed? LOL)
Carol

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 12:57PM
roseblush1(8a/Sunset 7)

Canadian Rose...

If you become a premium member of HMF you have access to the lineage reports, which include lists of descendants by name and generation.

To see a sample of the reports, open any rose page and click on the LINEAGE tab. The reports shown will be for the rose 'Betty Boop', which only has 7 descendants. There are 6,273 descendants for 'Peace'. 'Pristine' has 105, 'Sheer Elegance' has 13, 'Royal Amethyst' has 1, but its pollen parent, 'Blue Moon', has 232. As far as I know, HMF is the only database that has this kind of information in such a user friendly format.

Smiles,
Lyn

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 12:33AM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Yes, Lyn,
I am a premium member. I signed up just for the reason you said. :)
But it doesn't have lineage on the roses I'm interested in hybridizing - or else maybe the ones I'm interested in aren't good seed parents so there are no offspring.
Carol

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 3:14AM
More Discussions
First time hybridizing -- Have a specific goal. Need advice
Hello, everyone! I have been thinking of trying my...
Greg
Winter Rose Propagation
I live in Colorado where dry air and irregular weather...
pizzuti
New to the art of roses, but would greatly appreciate some cuttings ..
I'm fairly new to growing and maintaining roses but...
naeger129
rose cutting in plastic bag
I've taken 2 cuttings from a rose - picture attached...
lenarufus
Where to find the largest selection of Florist Roses?
I live in a pretty big city, Houston, but I am flummoxed...
kfoxxed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™