Lots of Thanks to DaveOfOhio

blossom123(Zone 5)April 3, 2006

DaveOfOhio has shared generously the rose seeds to his fellow gardeners in the Fall of 2005. I was one among them. I received Ramblin Red, Carefree Sunshine, Compassion, Alexander Mackenzie, Rosa Multiflora. I want to thank Dave for his wonderful gesture.

5 of my RR are doing wonderfully.

10 of AMs are doing great

2 CSs are coming out well

4 Compassions are also doing well.

I have collected some rose seeds from a park named "Frame Park" close to our place. There are FPR and FPW (for Red and White respectively.) FPR has come in abundance. I am still waiting for Rosa Multiflora to sprout. I think it requires special treatment.

I, ofcourse, sometimes a selfish gardener, want to keep all the roses for myself. But since space might be a problem, I may give them to some of my friends (may, yes, may :))

I wanted to post photos in this gallery to show you the rose seedlings I got, but will post again. Did not get time to take pics.

Dave, Thanks again, very much !!

-Regards,

Blossom

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elks(US5 Can6)

I am very curious to see if the seeds grow true the cultivar. They shouldn't unless they are species roses. My guess is you have babies that are just like ours: the same, but different. Aren't genes astonishing? We love them just the same though they aren't clones.
Steve.

Bookmark   April 3, 2006 at 6:14PM
bojo96(z5 IL)

I, also, was one of the lucky ones that Dave shared with. So far, I have 21 healthy seedlings, with many more sprouting, but just didn't do as well as these. He has given me the appreciation & satisfaction of growing my own roses. Hopefully, next year I will be able to do for someone else as he has done for me. THANKS DAVE!
Julie

Bookmark   April 5, 2006 at 6:58AM
tandaina(WA (8))

I feel like a bad rose Mommie. :( Only 5 of mine germinated and of those I lost 4 to rot. Didn't realize I needed to leave teh top OFF the seed starting tray. :\ The one little baby is still doing well. Here's hoping!

Thanks Dave! I'll get this eventually. ;)

Bookmark   April 11, 2006 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
Looking For Antique/Old Style Rose Cuttings
Back a few years ago when I started my rose garden,...
Debbie P Southern MD Zone 7
Grafting roses on fortuniana
Hi guys, Last summer I rooted various cuttings of fortuniana...
SoFL Rose z10
Chicago Peace Rose Help
Ok everyone I am looking for a Chicago peace rose for...
for_my_kids
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
Meredith posted this on the Antique Roses forum: In...
jasminerose4u, California
Burrito Method -- aargh
Hay caramba! My cuttings got off to a head start thanks...
idixierose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™