Darlow's Enigma

ladybug_la(9)April 29, 2010

I have not posted or participated in the Rose Forum for several years. Life took over. Now, I am trying to grow just a few roses that I can handle along with the needs of my 2 yr old and 2 dogs and a full-time job.

Does anyone have cuttings of Darlow's Enigma they could send me? I had one I grew from a 4" cutting which became a monster bush. I absolutely adored it and unfortunately lost it after Katrina.

TIA.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

I have Darlow's Enigma, and would be happy to send you cuttings. I just went out and looked at it. There are a couple issues.

I have never taken a cutting, so not sure how. Like do you want a whole cane? Tips with buds? Your first bush grew from a 4" cutting, so is that what you want?

I guess you are aware that Darlow's Enigma has more thorns than most, right? OUCH!

If I send them, how do I wrap them to keep them alive?

I guess I could spray the aphids off prior to shipping, or did you want some California aphids?

My Darlow's doesn't get the attention I give the others because it's not a cutting rose, so it just stays over in it's corner, minds it's own business and grows! Mine is a 2 year old plant that was about 6" tall when I bought it from some online nursery, and this year it's putting out some huge canes!

I could also send you cuttings of Blush Noisette. It's similar, and has pink roses, but not as thorny. I hope both of them will eventually climb up my palm trees.
Suzi

Bookmark   May 28, 2010 at 9:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
formoreaction(3)

Is there anyone who could spare couple of cuttings of this cutie?

Bookmark   December 14, 2011 at 7:23AM
More Discussions
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
Meredith posted this on the Antique Roses forum: In...
jasminerose4u, California
Looking every where for a Moon Shadow Rose
Okay, I have searched and researched the internet for...
stodgord488
Temperature in misting box.
Does anyone have ideas on how to reduce the temperature...
kfoxxed
Interesting rose rooting video on the industrial scale.
Just came across this video on stenting. It is amazing...
caflowerluver
New to the art of roses, but would greatly appreciate some cuttings ..
I'm fairly new to growing and maintaining roses but...
naeger129
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™