Hello Hello! I'm Betty and it's my first time here.

b2alicia(zone 5 Westminster)July 8, 2010

I just found this place and I am thrilled! I love talking about gardening, and I look forward to learning new tips.

And I just learned this year that I really have a green thumb! Almost everything I have tended this year is bursting with health, and taking over the flower beds.

I moved to this house in Oct. 06, and the thing that won me over was the BACK YARD. My previous home had a teeny tiny yard , and the neighbors all seemed like they were 5 feet from my little back porch. This house is on a 9000 sq ft lot, and I only have a neighbor on one side. It's wonderful.

The house is in a covenant area near Wadsworth and 92nd.

The house was built in 1996, and I am the third owner. The first owners, , from 1996 to 2001, were real gardeners...I think the back yard was professionally landscaped at that time.

The next people however, did NOTHING. So it took me a good 2-3 years to get it cleaned up enough for easy management. I have taken pictures through the whole process , and I will have to figure out how to post them.

Up to now, I have not added ANY new landscaping.... just did fine tuning to what was already here. But the north side of my lot is a real wind tunnel, and desperately needs a bed of evergreens before next winter. I have been browsing all kind of pictures online and books at the library to get ideas, and that is how I came across this message board. :)

So, I am very happy to meet you all , and look forward to happy gardening!

Betty

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado

Hello, hello, Betty! Welcome to RMG! WeÂre glad you found us!

There are lots of people around here who can help you with just about any kind of questions you can come up with. And if you happen to ask something nobody knows the answer toÂwellÂweÂre good at guessing and making suggestions too!
;-)

When you try to post the pictures, if youÂre having a problem, let us know what picture hosting site youÂre using, and somebody will be able to tell you how to find the link you need to post them. If you donÂt have a hosting site yet, I use Picasa and I love it! (And thanks to the folks here at RMG, I even know how to use it!)

Again, welcome! And bring on the pictures and questions!

Skybird

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 11:59PM
gjcore

Welcome aboard.

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 12:31AM
b2alicia(zone 5 Westminster)

Here's the link for some of my photobucket pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Back Fence

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 1:43AM
treebarb Z5 Denver

Welcome, Betty! Nice to meet you! We love pictures, so keep them coming, particularly of the wind tunnel area. It'll be fun getting suggestions on what to plant and design ideas.

Looks like your yard has good bones and you've done a great job clearing out the unwanted stuff.
We're glad to have a new member!
Barb

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 8:43AM
highalttransplant(z 5 Western CO)

Hi Betty! Welcome to the RMG forum!!!

Yes, we do love pictures around here. Your backyard looks nice and spacious, and you've definitely taken control back there!

I can sympathize on the wind tunnel thing. The area between my house and my next door neighbors is on the northwest side of the house, and the winds are horrible over there. All of the plants on that side are a foot or more shorter than they are supposed to be. Unfortunately, it also happens to be where the garbage and recycle bins are located, LOL!

Bonnie

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 10:10AM
jclepine(8b)

Hi, hi, Betty! Welcome!

You weren't kidding,that is a huge backyard.

I love your enthusiasm, by the way.

I hope you have fun "in" the forum and that you join us when we have plant swaps/meet-ups!

Jennifer

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 10:24AM
bpgreen(5UT)

Welcome aboard!

This is a really friendly forum with lots of helpful people. I think you'll like it here.

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 2:07PM
jnfr(z5b CO)

Yep, we'll talk about anything. Welcome, Betty!

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 2:08PM
b2alicia(zone 5 Westminster)

More pics! These are of my back porch.

Here is a link that might be useful: back porch - 2006 - 2010

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 7:35PM
gjmancini

Welcome Betty, This is a great forum, I have spent about 5 years on Garden Web, its wonderful.

gloria

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Ready for Harvest :o)
Here's what some of the plants look like in my greenhouse...
digit
The opening bell has rung
bell peppers? No, not this year, but several hot's! We've...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
getting ready!
So I decided to remodel my seed starting this year....
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
Spring Swap
Hi All, as discussed at the last spring swap, my sisters...
gjmancini
E-mail tree?
So, I was thinking, after the difficulty I had getting...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™