clippings

woody64(5a)April 5, 2009

hey friends,Iam really new ti this,greener than green but was wondering when and how to take clippings to get new roses.I have several rose bushes and wanted to grow a few more by way of clippings,or grafting or some way else that will get new roses.thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sewnsoe

cut (on a slant) a section about 6"long just 1/2" under a grouping of 3-5 leaves. the wood should not be too soft or too hard. remove or trim excess leaves . make a hole in SAND you have put in a container with drain holes. dip cutting end in water then in rooting hormone. stick the cutting in the hole about 2" into sand. press sand snug around stem. keep cutting and sand good and moist at all times. mist the cutting 2-3 times a day. indirect sunlight. out of wind. do not disturb for nearly 6 weeks. DO NOT PULL OUT OF SAND. lift it from the bottom and be careful with the new tender roots. enjoy. works for me.

Bookmark   April 5, 2009 at 8:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerryngeorgia31557(8)

This is a better method and they should root easily from cuttings. Check out Hartwoodroses.com to see a nearly fool-proof method for propagating roses from cuttings. With this method you can root just about anything. Hope this helps. What roses do you have?. Would you like to trade some cuttings? I have yellow lady bank roses for cuttings.Good luck and may GOD bless you and yours and the USA while we still have one.

Bookmark   July 12, 2009 at 3:28AM
More Discussions
Need help eliminationg rose roots.
About fifteen years ago I planted a couple of rose...
wolfling
How does a Tea rose bloom on a Bourbon rosebush?
Could this have been caused only by having a Tea parent? or...
luxrosa
Hawaii conditions probably not conducive to burrito method
Just wanted to share, I attempted to do the burrito...
msdorkgirl
New to the art of roses, but would greatly appreciate some cuttings ..
I'm fairly new to growing and maintaining roses but...
naeger129
First time hybridizing -- Have a specific goal. Need advice
Hello, everyone! I have been thinking of trying my...
Greg
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™