Betty Ford Alpine Garden?

pixie_louAugust 2, 2012

Hi everyone. First thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me plan my trip to Colorado. We are here now and have been having a wonderful time. We just arrived in Glenwood Springs and are here until next week.

As I am planning our activities here in the Glenwood area, I was wondering about the Betty Ford Alpine Garden in Vail. I just realized that Vail is an hour from here. (I thought the gardens werexcloser) Is it worth the drive? We were just in Ouray. While there we drove up the 4x4 road to Imogene Pass and saw all the wildflowers in bloom up at 12,000 feet. Is the Alpine Garden more of the same? Or different?

Ive looked at the web site, but since I'm relying in crappy hotel wifi on an iPhone I haven't been able to watch the garden tour video posted on the web site.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sluice

They've got a nice collection of conifer cultivars there.

Glad to hear you're enjoying Colorado!

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 12:48AM
pixie_lou

We never made it to the alpine garden. We pretty much spent every waking hour with my brother and (now) wife. It was actually nice to take some time away from sight seeing and spend some family time.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 10:44PM
david52_gw

I hope, when you get the time, you can share the highs and lows of your trip - did you make it to Monument Valley? And were we 'right' about the Four Corners Monument?

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 9:51AM
pixie_lou

David - yes I do plan on sharing all the highlights and low lights of the trip. We did not get to Monument Valley. But you were"wrong" about 4 corners. We LOVED it! Especially that last 20 miles of the drive thru the desert. Remember - we are from New England. Desert is new for us. We also loved driving through the Comanche National Grasslands! It is just so unlike anything we have around here.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
What are Your Plans
... for the yard and garden, this year? Zach has some...
digit
Plant protection after this spring in February
Hi, I have some daffodils and tulips moving right along....
jerrym303
getting ready!
So I decided to remodel my seed starting this year....
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
Something New in the Tomato Patch
Often, I have allowed a volunteer tomato to grow each...
digit
Thornless blackberries in CO?
I've got a front yard veggie/fruit/perennial garden...
packardce
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™