I got four cutting rooted over the winter using storage boxes
First I built a pvc pipe stand to suspend my cheap shop lights from, timer, etc., from a design I modified that I found on the web. I just used a warm and cool bulb in each fixture, and set the timer for 16 hours.
I stuck about 20 cuttings of several varieties, have only one box going in the photo, later got the second one going, and only got 4 rooted, not a good track record but learned a lot and better than none.
I used plastic cups with two holes in the bottom, used a special mix very similar to what George Mander uses, can't get his exact brand here, and wounded the cuttings, hormone (can't get the rhizopam except in large quanties, think I used rootone). I think half peat and half pearlite would work as well.
My dr table is usually messy like that so please overlook that as my priorities are different.
The photo pretty much tells it all. I put six blocks of quarry tile I got super cheap at Habitat Restore in the bottom of each box which fit nicely, wrong side up and filled with enough water so that the cuttings wouldn't sit in water. I got the lights a little too low and burned a few. Some just rotted on me. Two took about 4 months. If they are still green, don't give up. Those were white albas that had cluster stems.
Anyway, do not make the cuttings too tall because there is more humidity near the bottom of the box. After over two months, I trimmed the 2 albas down, and they rooted. The others rooted pretty fast. It's better if the leaves stay on and the cutting is healthy for faster rooting.
Once I got the failed cuttings out, I set a cool whip carton with more water in it for more humidity. I can use a couple cups next time to make more room.
I found it's better not to use the 16 oz cups but smaller ones because it takes too long for the roots to grow through the bottom holes. One last minute one I stuck in for the heck of it I'd had in a vase for a couple of days. It rooted in about 1 to 2 weeks.
I made no attempt to control the temps which might have helped. I think the key is having enough nodes but cuttings short enough so they get max humidity nearer the bottom.
Next time, I may try to find that no damp stuff.
After they rooted, I filled a gal pot with Miracle Gro potting soil and dug a depression in it soas to keep root disturbance to a minimum. I didn't lose any in the transplanting process and moved to an east window in the sunroom, then after a week or so put them right in the south window.
Now they just need to be hardened off a bit and held in pots outside for awhile or planted in the ground.
Even though I got such a poor track record of successes, I think this method has great promise, and I learn something from each failure.
I started with damaged cuttings because I didn't want to lose a season and that's all people had who let me take them, threw away the leaves with black spot as they fell off, and my plants look nice and healthy. If I had my camera, I'd take some photos. Two have shot up basals. Fatter stems should be better than some of the skinny ones I had to use.
Just thought I'd share my experience. I opted to set it up in the dining room because there is no good spot in the basement, and apart from the clutter, I don't have to run up and down steps to keep checking on things.
Oh, and I sterilized everything in bleach solution and rinsed well before I stuck them.