New to propagation

cymraes(8)May 11, 2006

We will be moving from CA to Idaho in about 6 weeks. I would really like to take cuttings from some of my favorite roses to take along. The problem is our new house in ID won't be done until the end of October. So...if I do get some of my cuttings to root, can I keep them over in pots until next spring? I have never done any propagation before, so any and all advice is welcome. I will have a sunroom in my new house, if that would help any.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodroid(z9Tejas)

Look at Melva's post below. Yes. I have some cuttings in pots for years. Just keep putting in bigger pots as they grow. I start with a quart size and move to 1 gal. after it starts to grow for several months then the 5 gallon for a year on up to 15 or 20 gallon pot depending on how fast they are growing and how big they get. A sunroom will spoil you and the roses.

Bookmark   May 11, 2006 at 10:56PM
cymraes(8)

Thanks! Now I just have to get some rooting medium this weekend and get started. I am looking forward to my sunroom. It was my one demand when designing our new home!

Bookmark   May 12, 2006 at 11:23AM
kitkat65

I have bare bleeding heart plant and alot of them were broken pieces when I got them is there something I can do to get them to root so I can plant them

Bookmark   June 6, 2006 at 9:07PM
More Discussions
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
Meredith posted this on the Antique Roses forum: In...
jasminerose4u, California
Wanted: Rose Cuttings
Anyone have free rose cuttings they would like to give...
Gaia's Sacred Seeds
First time hybridizing -- Have a specific goal. Need advice
Hello, everyone! I have been thinking of trying my...
Greg
Best way to start from cuttings
I used to be really good at starting roses, and it...
LeeBeesGarden
Interesting rose rooting video on the industrial scale.
Just came across this video on stenting. It is amazing...
caflowerluver
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™