Wanted: Joseph's Coat Rose

vela75May 1, 2007

I would really like to have a Joseph's coat rose. I am just starting a rose garden, so I don't have any roses to trade, but I do have some unnamed plants. I have a beautiful peony (deep pink/purple...almost a magenta color), an orange daylily, daffodils, and hosta (green/white...flowers purple). Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
miss_em

Hi Vela!

Did you already get a response, or no? Are you looking for a cutting, or the actual rose? I have a Joseph's Coat and I would be happy to send a cutting. It's already been through its first bloom but I have one cane with a bud on it that I can snip.

Thanks!

Emily

Bookmark   May 9, 2007 at 6:15PM
vela75

Hi! Nope, you're my first response! I have some rooting hormone and can give it a whirl. I've never tried to propagate a rose...but would be willing to try for a chance to have Joseph! Please send me your address and let me know what you would like in trade. Thank you soooo much! (Now if I can just get him to grow roots! :-)

Bookmark   May 9, 2007 at 6:22PM
miss_em

Hi Vela!

I can send you the cuttings. Just need to know where to send them. Also, and maybe someone can give input on this, but I had an attack of thrips and I have sprayed my roses down with Garden Safe pest spray, but I just worry that if I send a cutting I will be sending you some of my pests. Can anyone give any input on this? Is it a valid concern?

Thanks,

Emily

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 10:58AM
vela75

I have sent you an e-mail. Thank you again!!

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 12:18PM
miss_em

Hi Vela,

I haven't received your email and I tried sending you one through the Gardenweb site as well. I'm not sure what the problem is, but you can try emailing me directly at miss_em1@tx.rr.com.

Thanks!

Emily

Bookmark   May 15, 2007 at 9:53AM
More Discussions
Need advice on prepping rootstock...
I am just beginning to try rooting some DR HUEY for...
bethnorcal9
Export/Import
I am living part of the year in Belgium(Europe) and...
staart
Looking every where for a Moon Shadow Rose
Okay, I have searched and researched the internet for...
stodgord488
Question about growing from seed
So I looked outside today now that the snow has cleared...
lothlin
Seeking R. Primula
I'd happily get this from a nursery if I could find...
Helen Forsyth
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™