Ornamental Pepper Leaves Condition

saoodhashimNovember 15, 2013

I have been noting for a few days that some of the peppers on the only ornamental plant that I have are having some brown marks. I did not take much notice, though it kept on bothering me for all that time. Today morning during my routine inspection, I accidentally flipped one its leaves and found some brownish / reddish spots on the back of the leaves. I saw a few others and all had those spots. It turned out that all of the leaves had these. Upon close examination, I noted that some of the old leaves had these marks even on top of the leaves. The below picture will give help you in assessing the situation.

Notice the marks on the back sides of the leaves, the peppers and even the corners of the leaves.

I have addressed the bumpy leaves question in another thread and it turned out that it was either calcium deficiency which should go away with time as I fertilize with some calcium containing liquid fertilizer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scents_from_heaven(z9b Orlando FL)

It appears that you may have a bacterial infection since it is on both the leaves and peppers. There is no cure only prevention by using disease resistent plants and a systemic when planting. The disease can spread from plant to plant so if this is the cause you will need to eradicate the plant and watch any plants that have been near it,

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 5:44PM
nc_crn

Looks like they've been hit hard by spider mites.

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 6:11PM
saoodhashim

SFH,

The plant has been near a few tomato plants and another pepper plant in containers. The containers have been practically touching each other, for the past 1 month or so. I don't see any such "bacterial" signs on other plants.

NC-Crn,

It doesn't look like spider mites attack from the pictures available on the internet. They do not match with the condition of the leaves on this plant.

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
First orange hab pods forming
With the spring weather conditions outside setting in...
SoCarRob (Zone 7)
Best Plant Markers Ever!!!
So.. I was a my local home depot picking up some peat...
leafericson
best flavored of the "super hots"
I am sort of reluctant to use the words "super...
robeb
Help, Jalapenos and Serranos flowering....WAY too early.
I figure it must be a fertilizer issue. I am in Victoria,...
theripetomatofarm
Possible NuMex Halloween Mutation
So this year I broke out one of my dried NuMex Halloween...
Edymnion
Sponsored Products
Matthews Fan Company | Bianca Directional Ceiling Fan
$604.20 | YLighting
Ahoy WATER & DIRT SHIELD Mat
$39.50 | FRONTGATE
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Sisal Area Rug: Anji Mountain Rugs Minivet
Home Depot
KidsFit Elementary Semi-Recumbent Exercise Bike - 655
Hayneedle
Lithonia Lighting Outdoor Lighting. Wall Mount Outdoor Dark Bronze LED Wall Lumi
Home Depot
adidas Weighted Vest - ADSP-10702
$73.98 | Hayneedle
Nourison Home and Garden RS014 7'9" x 10'10" Light Blue Rug
$350.00 | PlushRugs
Lucia Drum Pendant (Large) - RETURN by Feiss
$419.33 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™