hydrangea recommendation?

smdmtAugust 27, 2013

Moved to Niwot in May and perennial bed ready to plant. I want to put in a hygrangea. Any suggestions?
I've searched for a shorter variety and come up with Little Lime. Anyone planted one of those here?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kvenkat(5a Colo)

I don't have that one but my Little Bombshell lives in a big pot and has done fine. The flowers are white. Had it now for only 2 years but it has stayed short so far, less than 2 ft.

Little Lime seems to be fairly new so that may be why you have not gotten much response yet.

Bookmark   August 30, 2013 at 2:06AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aloha2009

Annabelle Hydrangeas do GREAT around here! I got that tip from some Colorado gardening book and I've been extremely happy with them. Once I "transplanted" a bunch after I seperated them to make new starts. We were moving so I didn't have time to amend the soild etc. The next year I had about 20+ new starts growing well. I kept them going most of the spring but w/o a sprinkler system on them and way too much to do on our exterior they died from shear neglect.

The more shade the better and average water and they'll do great.

BTW the ones from above I got from HD for around $1 because they looked dead. I brought them back to life, planted them in my front yard. People would stop and admire them for years.

Bookmark   August 30, 2013 at 11:46PM
More Discussions
Holly, potatoes!
I tried to send you an email but apparently the mobile...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
The opening bell has rung
bell peppers? No, not this year, but several hot's! We've...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
New perennial bed, need some ideas and help
So, I brought this up to Skybird in another thread...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
E-mail tree?
So, I was thinking, after the difficulty I had getting...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
Something New in the Tomato Patch
Often, I have allowed a volunteer tomato to grow each...
digit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™