Propagating roses?

coolbrzeJune 13, 2007

How do I go about propagating a rose bush? We have a beautiful rose and would like to get more like it. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
collinw(7b)

Cuttings. If you do a google search or search this website you will find many different methods. I use the zip-lock bag method in a sunny window and get great results. I have had 100% success this spring, but that is not always the case. Some roses root easily and others are more difficult. I have had roses root in as little as 2 weeks or take as long as 3 months.Good luck.

Bookmark   June 13, 2007 at 11:29AM
mgleason56(Michigan 5b)

Just go through the pages here and you'll see how to do this. Searching on George Mander's methods would provide you the best direction.

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 11:37AM
triple_b(BC 5b)

I am a newbie at roses and always tend to dive head first. So not only am I slowly collecting roses I am also trying to propagate from cuttings from bushes that I like. It is a learning curve. I just tossed the last cutting out from a bag I had going with various luscious yellows and oranges. Darn. I think the environment was a bit too moist. I am using a combo of Mr.Mander's methods, the ziplock baggie and Michelle's, depending on what I have on hand for supplies and materials. Some are looking good, showing growth in the bud eye and others still have nice green stems and perky leaves. Must be doing SOMETHING right. :>D

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
Wish me luck!
So, I recently got the chance to get a few Red Intuition...
Joe Moose, Zone 9A
Temperature in misting box.
Does anyone have ideas on how to reduce the temperature...
kfoxxed
budding versus grafting
Sorry that should read budding versus rooting Hi, This...
sutekesh Switzerland 6a
my propagations normally turn brown/black
I have one that hasn't turned black. It has been in...
skmiller
Winter Rose Propagation
I live in Colorado where dry air and irregular weather...
pizzuti
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™