OT: My first bee sting!
Not counting stepping on honeybees with my barefeet as a child, I have never been stung by a bee. Last night, I was deadheading, and grabbed a spent bloom with my left hand, holding the snippers in my right. I felt a searing pain in between my fingers of my left hand, and was so startled by it, that I dropped the clippers, which landed pointed side down into the top of my flipflop wearing foot. My DH said to make a paste out of baking soda and water, and place it over the sting. I had never heard of this, but it worked! Within minutes, the throbbing pain was gone. At least I know that I'm not allergic to bees now, though I never saw what kind of bee/wasp it was. It must have been hiding on the underside of the bloom. Unfortunately, the top of my foot is still pretty sore today.
Beeing more careful today : )