Not many cuttings are still alive.
You can see my first results from the newspaper burito method in the link below. Lately it hasn't been the ideal conditions for new cuttings. A lot has been going on, and they were neglected during a warm spell. Had to move them to the greenhouse that I covered with shade cloth and leave them for 7 days. (Combination of moving out because we had the house tented for termites and my back going out.) Most did not have many roots when I planted them, just callouses. Started April 2.
Oranges 'n Lemons 3/12
Brass Band 7/15
I also started some cuttings of unknown roses that I got from a community garden that was being bulldozed. I think they were all either OGR or roses from the 1950's when the garden was first started. They were huge climbers with trunks the size of small trees. Started May 3.
Peach 12/13 - this rooted really fast with lots of roots and is doing the best.
Also tried my hand at a purple striped florist rose I received for Mother's Day. Started May 18.
Purple stripe 5/10
Just a progress report on my experiment. I think the newspaper burrito method works and helps them get started, but what happens after that depends on the weather and circumstances. And also I think some roses are easier to root than others.
Here is a link that might be useful: My rooting results from the burrito method.