WANTED- 7 Sisters Rose bush

angel2008June 5, 2010

I am trying to duplicate my Grammas garden (which will never happen) and have fallen in love with so many of the old heirloom type of roses. I remember her having the 7 sisters rose bush, which I always loved but have been unable to find one. If anyone has a rooted cutting I would love to have it..I dont have alot to trade as I am fairly new to gardening, but you may look at my small list or I could pay postage. I know she had many others when I was growing up in the 50's but dont remember any of the other names..if you think you might have some that would be from this era, (only hardy varieties. I live in northern WI) Please email..I would be more then happy to pay for shipping. I have never attempted to root a rose, so they would have to be already rooted.

Corinne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daveinohio_2007(5)

Corinne,
rosefire.com sells 7 Sisters plants in 1 gal containers for a reasonable $13; also many other old varieties and varieties hardy enough to grow in your area.

Here is a link that might be useful: rosefire

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 10:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
collinw(7b)

The 7 sisters they are selling is not positively identified according to the website. Read the paragraph describing the rose.

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Hawaii conditions probably not conducive to burrito method
Just wanted to share, I attempted to do the burrito...
msdorkgirl
my propagations normally turn brown/black
I have one that hasn't turned black. It has been in...
skmiller
How do I name a rose
I have a pretty pink sport of Medallion I want to share...
kittymoonbeam
Grafting roses on fortuniana
Hi guys, Last summer I rooted various cuttings of fortuniana...
SoFL Rose z10
Wish me luck!
So, I recently got the chance to get a few Red Intuition...
Joe Moose, Zone 9A
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™