free roses, all kinds

karenpendragonJuly 3, 2008

Hi everyone!

I purchased a house three years ago from folks who were serious rose gardeners. I haven't counted, but there are probably more than 30 roses on our urban lot. They are very pretty, but we're more into fruit/vegetable gardening and frankly, we don't need this many roses. Roses do bite, and this is a problem when trying to harvest around them.

So, this is an open invitation to give me a call, drop by my house and check out my roses. I have no idea what any of them are called, but they're all thriving without any particular care from us. About half of them are free to anyone who will dig them up. The rest we may not be willing to part with, but you'd be welcome to take a cutting. If you'd like to see them in bloom now and come at a better time of year to actually dig them up, that would be fine too.

I live in West Seattle, across the street from South Seattle Community College. If you're in the area, give me a call. (206)767-3826

Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rjinga

very nice offer, too bad I"m on the other coast :)

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 10:29PM
autumnshowers(z7 TX)

call up the local rose society or county extension to pick them up

Bookmark   July 4, 2008 at 12:45AM
triple_b(BC 5b)

too bad i am up in Canada and getting even a used tissue over the border these days is a lesson in pain.

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 2:41PM
cannabisgrower

just don't declare it. take cuttings and pack them in your lunch bucket. as long as there's no soil, they won't bother you. so long as there's no gun, no drug, no kidnapped child, they usually don't care about anything else. I even had some HID lighting stuff in my trunk the last time; I didn't declare it, they just sent in their sniffer dog, the dog found nothing, so they sent me on my way. Sativa.

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 3:59PM
dana_0001(6)

Do you still have roses? Do you have email?

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
Best way to start from cuttings
I used to be really good at starting roses, and it...
LeeBeesGarden
How do I name a rose
I have a pretty pink sport of Medallion I want to share...
kittymoonbeam
New to the art of roses, but would greatly appreciate some cuttings ..
I'm fairly new to growing and maintaining roses but...
naeger129
Rose seedlings coming up!
Just thought I'd let y'all know that I have at least...
vmr423
Wanted: Rose Cuttings
Anyone have free rose cuttings they would like to give...
Gaia's Sacred Seeds
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™