Rooted rose cuttings -- available

danty(z9CA)July 27, 2013

I am overflowing with baby roses right now.
It would be great to find homes for some of them.
All I ask is compensation for the postage.

Attached is an updated list.

Danty

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BRMeadows(8a)

I am interested in some of your cuttings. Should I send private email or use this forum?

Bookmark   July 27, 2013 at 9:40AM
lindamcgoo

sent you a e-mail

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 8:23PM
danty(z9CA)

Linda,
I didn't get your e-mail.
Here is my direct e-mail address: profloran@roadrunner.com

Dan

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 2:08AM
lindamcgoo

sent new e-mail

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 7:16PM
Kippy(SoCal zone 10. Sunset Zone 24)

Danty,

I would love Caldwell Pink and Mrs. William G. Koning.

Thanks!!
Carol

PS my babies are doing great and loaded with happy new growth thank you!

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 11:06PM
reemcook(8a PNW)

Hi Dan,

I sent you an email via ATP. I am unsure if you received it. I will resend it using your direct email address.

I would love to "adopt" several of your roses into our garden. I also have a few Ashdown roses (well established rooted plants) to send your way!

Thank you.

Reem

This post was edited by reemcook on Tue, Jul 30, 13 at 3:49

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 3:28AM
Dalietta(8)

Danty,

I am interested in many of your cuttings, too!
But I live in... Italy!!! (Candy Cane; Distant Drums; Kathleen; Leonie Lamesch; Marriotta; Martha Gonzales; Mrs William G. Koning; The Impressionist; Papa Hemerey;)

Are you willing to ship them so far? How much will it costs? But most importantly: the cuttings will survive to the long journey?

I think your offer is really kind and those who will benefit are so lucky!

If you couldn't, I'll understand!!!

Bye

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 10:19AM
peninsula_petals

Hi Danty,

I just sent you an email.
I'm back on the forum after a long break, a long move, and now starting over. Would LOVE some of your rooted babies!

Thank you!

Mindy

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 3:41PM
roseseek

Dalietta, to have anything shipped to you in Italy from here, you need to check with your Italian Agricultural Department for the restrictions and requirements regulating importing roses into Italy. There ARE some, but I don't know what they are as they will vary by country. I know The Netherlands has far more relaxed requirements than Germany does. If anyone attempts to send you rose plants, cuttings, bud wood, even seeds without the appropriate paperwork, it will likely be confiscated or returned and you may be subject to fines. Check it out first. it's easier for you to find out than it is for anyone outside your country.

Here, prior to being able to import ANYTHING legally, there are many hoops to jump through; permits to be paid for and applied for; hopefully permits granted; inspections to be dealt with and paid for...all before you can order the plants. All the dominoes have to be in place or the results could range (here) from a confiscated package all the way to $20,000 fines for smuggling plants. I'm not joking. Check with your Ag Agency to see what's required. Perhaps they are easy enough for Danty to deal with, perhaps not.

And, yes, a well rooted, band size plant can easily survive being mailed from the US to Italy, particularly via Express Mail but that IS expensive. Your country probably won't permit plants with soil to be sent, though. Most likely, they will require they be free from any soil or soil less mix contamination, literally bare rooted. Importing bud wood or cuttings should prove a lot easier. Kim

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 5:26PM
danty(z9CA)

Hi Dalietta,
I agree with Kim (Roseseek) on all of his recommendations.
Shipping plants from country to country is not nearly as easy as within the country itself.
I would be happy to send the plants to you -- based on your researching your government's restrictions and rules.

Danty

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 1:36AM
Dalietta(8)

Thankyou all for your recommendations,
I will check with my Ag Agency...

Thank you a lot

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 7:18AM
QuestioningSerenity(9a)

Here's hoping you still have babies to send out. I've sent an e-mail to the one you posted a few posts up. Here's crossing my finger's for a reply!

Sereniti

Bookmark   August 4, 2013 at 5:27PM
hf.roses

I would be intrested in some of your roses, if you still
have some. Would they work in my zone?
HF.Roses

Bookmark   August 4, 2013 at 7:02PM
hf.roses

I would be intrested in some of your roses, if you still
have some. Would they work in my zone?
HF.Roses

Bookmark   August 4, 2013 at 7:03PM
poodledogs47

I will take any rooted rose cuttings that you have left, just e-mail me and tell me how much I need to send you for postage, lizntj47@gmail.com, thanks

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 7:45PM
mickee(5)

I'm new to posting. I have several holes that I need to fill and would like to have some cuttings. Let me know what I can get and I'll forward the postage, ASAP. Thanks so much.

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 9:21PM
ange2006

Hi Dan,
Do you still have some rooted cuttings to share? I am interested in Lyda, Candy Cane, Abracadabra and Sun Sprinkles. Are any of these fragrant? Which is the most fragrant on your list? I love fragrant roses. I can send you a priority mail label if it's more convenient for you to do it this way. Thanks.
Ange

Bookmark   August 10, 2013 at 8:36PM
danty(z9CA)

Ange,
Thanks for the request.
Not very many of the roses I grow are fragrant -- being the smaller roses with less capacity for fragrance.
ABRACADABRA does have a nice scent.
I am out of those right now but should have some later in the Fall.
If you would please send me an e-mail directly to: profloran@roadrunner.com reminding me about this.
I will save your request and contact you when the rooted cutting is ready.

Dan

Bookmark   August 11, 2013 at 1:01AM
QuestioningSerenity(9a)

Danty,

The roses came in today! Thank you so much! All three are looking great and are now in their new home pot. Did you notice Texas' little bud?? By the way, those tag's you provided were very appreciated! I'm going to be chewing on my finger trying to guess the HT's name once it starts blooming.

My one question for you, would it be ok to allow them to keep one bud when they start blooming? Say they developed 2 their first time and I nipped one but let them keep the 2nd so I could see their colors? I was reading that to promote root growth your suppose to nip the first few buds.

Thank you so much for these beauties!

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 6:31PM
Kippy(SoCal zone 10. Sunset Zone 24)

Questioning,

I left one bud on the Caldwell Pink Dan sent. I love it! It is teeny tiny half inch of pink puff ball. But I had to see it.

Dan has a great collection of happy healthy rose cuttings

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:28AM
Judystovall59

I have nothing to offer as I am new at this would love any you can send and I send postage or what you need

Bookmark   January 4, 2014 at 11:08PM
ergongeos(6b/7)

Hello i am interested in some of your rose cuttings :-)
I have vege and flower seeds to trade?
Or do you sell them?

Thanks a lot
ergon

Bookmark   January 6, 2014 at 1:40PM
lorigaut

I would love some if you have any left. Thanks!!!

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 9:26PM
Rodica50

Hello, everybody!
I live in Romania and for a few years I have a small rose collection. I am interested to exchange rose cuttings with people living in Europe. I am interested of ancient, floribunda, wichuraianna, ramblers, bushes and climber roses (lees Tea Hybrid roses). If you want to see what are the roses I could offer to exchange you could access my page with the albums of each rose of my collection. In Romania we have a community interested in growing roses and I can look for those cuttings you are looking for to my friends. The address of my page where you can see the roses I have is:
http://primula.sunphoto.ro/
You can read what I have written about each of them using Google translation. If you want to ask something, you can send me a private message. I would be happy to share everything I know about rose propagation.

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 3:28PM
More Discussions
Need help eliminationg rose roots.
About fifteen years ago I planted a couple of rose...
wolfling
rose cutting in plastic bag
I've taken 2 cuttings from a rose - picture attached...
lenarufus
my propagations normally turn brown/black
I have one that hasn't turned black. It has been in...
skmiller
Help in propagtion of roses
Hi, I have a flower shop in Manila and we are getting...
amistad123
First time hybridizing -- Have a specific goal. Need advice
Hello, everyone! I have been thinking of trying my...
Greg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™