Wanted: any roses you're planning to shovel prune

redsnowflake(7A - TN)August 1, 2007

I've noticed from reading many threads that there are many instances that people shovel prune roses that others say do well for them.

Well, call me a glutton for punishment, but I want your unwanted roses. As long as they aren't dead, that is.

So, if anyone has any they are planning to chuck, and would send to me for postage, please let me know.

FWIW - I'm only interested in roses that look like roses. For instance, I personally do not care for Knock Out roses, or any others with similarly shaped blooms. No offense to anyone who does like them, but they just don't look like roses to me. And if I'm going to have a rose, I want one that looks like a rose. ;^)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisa_neenah(5a)

I have a beautiful old fashioned rose bush that loves to sucker. I usually shovel prune. The bush is over 6' tall (I like to prune) and has clusters of small white flowers. They start out with a pinkish tinge, but once they're open, they're whiter, with a yellow center. Very fragrant. I'd be happy to let you have them, the only thing I'm worried about is getting them to you. Do you have any suggestions? The USPS has flat rate boxes for $8.95. I thought I might be able to use that. Let me know your thoughts.

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 10:15PM
More Discussions
Chicago Peace Rose Help
Ok everyone I am looking for a Chicago peace rose for...
for_my_kids
How do I name a rose
I have a pretty pink sport of Medallion I want to share...
kittymoonbeam
Burrito Method -- aargh
Hay caramba! My cuttings got off to a head start thanks...
idixierose
rose cutting in plastic bag
I've taken 2 cuttings from a rose - picture attached...
lenarufus
Wish me luck!
So, I recently got the chance to get a few Red Intuition...
Joe Moose, Zone 9A
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™