Wanted: any roses you're planning to shovel prune

redsnowflake(7A - TN)August 1, 2007

I've noticed from reading many threads that there are many instances that people shovel prune roses that others say do well for them.

Well, call me a glutton for punishment, but I want your unwanted roses. As long as they aren't dead, that is.

So, if anyone has any they are planning to chuck, and would send to me for postage, please let me know.

FWIW - I'm only interested in roses that look like roses. For instance, I personally do not care for Knock Out roses, or any others with similarly shaped blooms. No offense to anyone who does like them, but they just don't look like roses to me. And if I'm going to have a rose, I want one that looks like a rose. ;^)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisa_neenah(5a)

I have a beautiful old fashioned rose bush that loves to sucker. I usually shovel prune. The bush is over 6' tall (I like to prune) and has clusters of small white flowers. They start out with a pinkish tinge, but once they're open, they're whiter, with a yellow center. Very fragrant. I'd be happy to let you have them, the only thing I'm worried about is getting them to you. Do you have any suggestions? The USPS has flat rate boxes for $8.95. I thought I might be able to use that. Let me know your thoughts.

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 10:15PM
More Discussions
I have roots!
Thanks to all the lovely suggestions and help posted...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Looking every where for a Moon Shadow Rose
Okay, I have searched and researched the internet for...
stodgord488
Why does one rose's seeds sprout more than another?
I just planted rose seeds from several of my roses...
caflowerluver
Burrito Wrap Cuttings - What Should I Be Seeing?
I have tried the burrito wrap cutting method - the...
alameda/zone 8
How to start rugosa rose seeds?
I received some of these in a trade. I cold stratted...
zzackey
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™