Rose cutting success!
This has been long and hard and disappointing at times. I viewed one method on you tube in which you wrap in wet newspaper then wrap in plastic bags. I did this and not a lot happened over 2mo time. Cuttings still green not many calloused though. So at that point I took a few of the best looking stems and put them in pots with a dome covering for humidity for a few more weeks. My hopes were raised as it was sprouting new leaves but I also know this does not mean its rooted. So after a couple more weeks I decided to check for roots and waa-laa. One actually had some roots.
So I repotted this cutting in good soil with good drainage misting and watering daily it continued to grow and leaf . I watched it closely for any sign of new bulbs, nothing. Then 3 or 4 days ago I decided to add a good bit of worm castings to the soil[I grow my own] and then today I spot two new bulbs. Was it because of the worm castings or just coincidence. The weather has turned unseasonabley cool here but I doubt that would cause the change. At any rate heres what my cutting looks like now.