Roses you want to get rid off, in exchange for...

strawchicago(zone 5a)August 1, 2012

I want to get rid of these since my kid doesn't like thorns. They are: Christopher Marlowe, Scepter d'Isle, Lilian Austin, Pat Austin, Charles Darwin, and Jacques Cartier. All of them are fairly new, and can be shipped easily in their original root-balls.

I also want to get rid off these FRAGRANT mini-roses which are too-short to cut for the vase, and they are eaten by chipmunks: Scentsational, Blue mist, Love Ya Dad, and Norwich Sweetheart

I would like to give them away, in exchange for any blue or mauve cuttings NOT UNDER PATENT, especially Charles de Gaulle rose. Also interested in exchanging them for any low-thorn roses that set fat hips, for breeding purpose. If interested, please send private message to my HMF account, "Chicago IL 5a". You'll see my roses there. Or e-mail me through clicking on my user name here. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vickysgarden

Hi,
I live in Glenview (suburban Chicago) and am interested in the Pat Austin you want to get rid of. I don't have any blue/mauve cuttings, but have many Austins, a few floribundas such as Starry Night, Sunsprite, Iceberg, Lady Elsie May...if nothing else, maybe I could pay you for the Pat Austin, or if you're close enough, even drive over to get it?? Let me know what you think. thanks,
Vicky

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 9:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
strawchicago(zone 5a)

Hi Vicky: Pat Austin was planted last year, I didn't realize how well she rooted until I moved her to partial shade. She lost most leaves and looks pathetic now, best stay put to regain her roots.

The only ones I can safely mail without root damage are the ones bought this spring: the 4 mini-roses in pots, Jacques Cartier and Charles Darwin. They haven't rooted deeply into my clay soil yet, and won't risk looking like hell if uprooted. Chipmunks constantly eat my mini-roses, and Jacques Cartier and Charles Darwin HATE my alkaline soil and so stingy in bloom, it's not worth keeping them. Zero diseases here.

Bookmark   August 7, 2012 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
Rootstock question.
I haven't seen this asked so it is probably a really...
sowandgrow
Export/Import
I am living part of the year in Belgium(Europe) and...
staart
how do I propagate a rose bush?
and when should I transplant a rosebush that it will...
mary grether
WANTED: thornless repeat bloomers, Old Roses and Noisettes best
Have unusual tropicals to trade at tropicalgardener@gmail.com...
Tropical Gardener
Sponsored Products
Urban Exchange Bam Red and Black Six Piece Queen Duvet Set
$399.00 | Bellacor
Pipe Tea Infuser
$7.99 | zulily
French Petit Table Lamp in Clear
$49.00 | LexMod
Little Bighorn Ring Holder
| Dot & Bo
Rosle Crosswise Swivel Peeler
$28.00 | FRONTGATE