Queen Laurie PI1281405

sidhartha0209(KY_6a)November 11, 2012

Anyone have experience with this one? It's touted (on Peppermania at least) as one of the hottest of baccatum with a wonderful strong flavor and aroma typical of the species. I've searched GW (through Google) and surprisingly it appears this pepper hasn't been thoroughly discussed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sidhartha0209(KY_6a)

Here's the link w/description & photo:

"This is one of the hottest C baccatums with have tasted. Approximate 3 - 4" pods with a blunt apex ripen from green to orange and packed with a the wonderful strong flavor and aroma typical of the species and backed up with a punch of heat. These pods make an excellent variety for hot sauce, salsas, pickling, grilling and smoking and drying for powder and flakes. We LOVE the heat of this C baccatum. Origin - Peru. USDA PI 281405"

Here is a link that might be useful: Queen Laurie PI281405; Capsicum baccatum; Peru

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 5:21PM
naturemitch(3/4 WI)

Had high hopes for this one, but sadly we did not get one pod from this variety. Next year will try again and get it germinated a bit earlier. Wish I had more to report. They did germinate well for us though.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 9:40PM
sidhartha0209(KY_6a)

You may actually have to overwinter inside the house up there where you're at in order to get fruit.

It seems there's not a lot of info out there on this chile. I wonder if it's known by another name. [Google] translated from Heuberger Wines & Spices (German, see link):

"Aji Queen Laurie
Sharpness, SHU: 8/12, 60,000-90'000

Origin: Peru
Botanical name: Capsicum baccatum
Synonym: PI1281405

The Queen Laurie is one of the hottest and most aromatic C. baccatum. It is perfect for Hot Sauces, Salsas, Pickles - to roast and eat the fresh course. The flavor is similar to the Aji Amarillo. The plant matures, but about three weeks earlier. This makes it one of the few C. baccatum that produce ripe fruit in August."

Here is a link that might be useful: Heuberger Wines & Spices

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 8:28AM
More Discussions
Effect of Temperatures, Day Length, Rain/Moist'r on . Peppers.
Title speaks for itself, to some extent. But let's...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Cotton bugs (?) with pictures.
I planted a jolokia back in October from a seed. It...
Anthony Pomerinke
Your Grow List --- 2015
It is getting closer to start the season especially...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Help for GardenWeb Users
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/sections/200556848-Help-for-GardenWeb-Users...
ronnyb123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™