NEW: omgosh, i sooo wanted that swap.
Ok so, this swap is for what is STILL on our want list.
Rules are simple, check the persons list to see if you have anything they would want. Mail them in and receive back what was mailed in for you.
You MUST have a want list available, you MUST have an email set up to be contacted by.
I know there are several big swaps going on and this one will be set up to work around those.
Please don't make this one complicated, it's not. You check the folks want list and if you have something that want please send it in.
Please make sure it is on someones want list, ALTHOUGH extras can be sent in if you are not sure about a variety. The plan is to have seeds sent in from peoples want list, I can not predict how many will come in for you. So if you send in 150 then you may only get 60 sent in for you. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS SWAP IS LIMITED TO WHAT COMES IN FOR YOU FROM YOUR WANT LIST.
Remember, this is based on the packets sent in to you, although I would like for it to be fair I have no control over who sends to whom, OR how many extras if any at all may be sent in.
1. There will be no limit on the amount of seeds you send in. However, they must be marked with the person they are for, either by their assigned number they will be matched to AND/OR their GW name, extras which may be included SHOULD be placed in a (zip) baggie with EXTRAS listed on it. IF you do not want the number of seeds back you send in returned to you then PLEASE let me know in your package.
2. You will get the seeds sent in to you if there are 5 packs of the same thing you will have 5 of the same seeds UNLESS you tell me you only need 1 or 2 packs THEN they will go in the random pile and be given as needed.
3. You will have until Feb 10 to sign up and the envies must be sent to me by March 7th this will give everyone time to update their list.
4. YOU MUST HAVE A WANT LIST!!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR HAVE LIST BUT THE WANT LIST IS A MUST! Otherwise no one will know WHAT to send you! IF YOU PLAN TO SIGN UP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WANT LIST. You will have time to update BEFORE sending but PLEASE at least have something for us to look at.
5. This swap will be for packets sent in for you only, Please understand, I have no control over the number actually sent in for you so you may only have a few packets sent in for you, IF your want list is extremely limited to rare or hard to find varieties what you receive may be very limited in the number of packs you receive. UNDERSTAND THIS IS A GIFT TO OTHERS SWAP and is based on what comes in for each person who signs up.
6. Please be sure to send in a bubble envy with enough postage to send back to you. If it cost you 12 stamps to send to me then please include at least 12 stamps back. MY POST OFFICE IS ONE OF THE ONES WHICH OVERCHARGES I think but sending in the amount of postage it cost you to cover the postage SHOULD cover your seeds UNLESS you receive a bunch of heavy seeds like beans, then of course your package would require more postage.
7. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND IN TO ME BY March 7th I plan to have these back to you by March 18th before then IF everyone sends in on time. BUT I would really like to have them back to you as soon as possible. MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR LIST AFTER YOU RECEIVE FROM ANY OTHER SWAPS YOU ARE IN UNLESS YOU WANT DUPLICATES OF WHAT YOU ALREADY RECEIVED FROM OTHER SWAPS.
8. Limited or HARD to come by seeds may be a lower number, but if you have plenty of something please include a good amount just in case some have trouble starting seeds. BUT either way be fair with the amounts you include. Large seeds of course 20-30 would be ok, like large bean seeds. EXTRA Large seeds like Christmas Pole Beans 12- 15 would be fine. Smaller seeds there should be a least a good pinch size amount, that's about 1/8 or a spoon, IF is it something that is hard to germinate and you know it please send more if you can. Again just be fair in the amounts you send.
9. PLEASE make sure the seeds you are sending are specifically what the person is asking for such as: Carrots Cosmic Purple, if this is what they are specifically looking for this is what they are wanting. Do not send in packs marked Carrots. HOWEVER, if a person specifically has simply listed CARROTS as a want then you may send them in FOR THAT SPECIFIC person.
- PLEASE MARK seeds for the person they are intended for, you can either tape them to an index card and put the persons name on the card
OR you can tape them to a sheet of paper with the name of the person they are intended for
OR you can simply place them in a baggie with the name of whom they are for
OR you can place them inside an envelope with the persons name/number on the envy.
PLEASE CLEARLY MARK THE SEED NAME ON THE PACKAGE:
1. Dianthus "Siberian Blues"
2. Aquilegia/Columbine "Ruby Port"
ALSO make you your GW name is on the packs of seeds. IF extras are sent in I don't want to send back to you what you sent in.
Be sure to include a return address label, return postage and a list of what you sent in would be ideal but it is not a have to and of course your seeds.
If you send in your seeds in a bubble mailer I will use that same mailer to mail your seeds back to you, no need to send in another one.
Remember there are folks who have joined a couple of big swaps and may not have their want list completely updated until they see what they received in other swaps. IF someone post an update please be sure to check their list again to see if they removed something you planned to mail in for them. (If they post they've updated their list please re-check it)
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND OLD SEEDS, OLDER SEEDS MAY NOT GERMINATE. Nothing older than 2012 AND Specific seeds need to be fairly fresh, these include onion, chives, and carrots but are not limited to these specific ones. Make sure your seeds are viable seeds and please do not send seeds you are unsure about. Like seeds sent to you by others which you have not germinated to be sure they are what they were supposed to be.
- HAVE FUN!!! If you have a specific question you may ask it here. This swap is not complicated, just check the want list of the persons who signed up and if you have something they want then PLEASE send the seeds in for that person.
I will be checking list to make sure the seeds sent in for you are the seeds you are looking for so this swap will take a little bit of time to sort.