Trying a new way - hydroponics.

caflowerluverNovember 26, 2012

Just built a home made set up with an air pump and container. I also have them in hydro cups so barely touching the water. There is a lot of helpful advice on the Hydroponics forum. I've always had limited success with all the other methods so thought I would try this. I am going to use it to root other plants as well. Anyone else try this with roses?
Clare

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluegirl_gw

Nope, but I remember a LOT of posts about it some time ago. When I tried to re-read them, got a note they'd expired.

Please post your experiences.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 2:54PM
caflowerluver

I just started a bunch of cuttings this week. I need to get a aquarium heater because we just got a cold spell and it works better in warm water. I have it in a unheated garden shed. I will post in a couple of weeks to a month on how it is going.
Clare

Bookmark   December 14, 2012 at 1:11AM
caflowerluver

Nothing was happening so I moved the cuttings from the garden shed to the warmer garage work shop. We were getting temps down in the low 30's at night (as low as 29!) and the water temp wasn't getting above 50. Moving it inside and getting a aquarium heater has helped to get it up to the mid to high 60's. With in 5 days I started getting callus and roots. I am also rooting brugs and plumeria. And I have a tub within a tub partly as insulation and to prevent any water accidents.
Clare

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 1:09PM
More Discussions
Rose seedlings coming up!
Just thought I'd let y'all know that I have at least...
vmr423
Need help eliminationg rose roots.
About fifteen years ago I planted a couple of rose...
wolfling
New to the art of roses, but would greatly appreciate some cuttings ..
I'm fairly new to growing and maintaining roses but...
naeger129
Help in propagtion of roses
Hi, I have a flower shop in Manila and we are getting...
amistad123
Where to find the largest selection of Florist Roses?
I live in a pretty big city, Houston, but I am flummoxed...
kfoxxed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™