fall swap/garden work day - postpone till 14?!

mstywoods(z5, Westminster, CO)October 6, 2012

Due to the very cold/wet weather, a few of us were wondering if we should/could postpone our swap/work day till next Sunday the 14th. I know that date was tossed around originally, so hopefully it will work for everyone (and maybe more) now. The weather does look like it will be warmer and dryer then, and tomorrow definitely appears it will be very cold and wet till late afternoon - the cold is more doable, but when it's wet on top of that, it can be more miserable!

Will everyone be able to make it on the 14th? We can fluctuate the time as well if that works best, or keep that part the same.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amester(Z4/5)

Hey ladies - well, the week of the 14th is my son's fall break so we're heading down to visit my parents. Whether we go down on Friday (the 12th) or on Monday (the 15th) will depend on the weather (I'm just going to head out of Dodge whenever Mother Nature gives me the go-ahead!). If we wind up being here on the 14th I can come in the afternoon.

Don't know about what I have to share - I just put about fifty plants into my sister's yard! I'm sure I can find some things, though, there's always something that sends out a baby or needs dividing. All I really want is a few of those Angelique and Queen of Night tulips - swoon! They're two I've always wanted.

I can earmark things for the spring swap...if I can't make this one! Will work on that when I know more. :)

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 6:59PM
treebarb Z5 Denver

Marj, I just saw your email and thought I would respond here as well. I think we should postpone till the 14th. It's just too chilly!

Barb

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 8:39PM
mstywoods(z5, Westminster, CO)

Yah, let's shoot for the 14th - can't believe how gray and gloomy it was today :( Pray for warmer weather for next weekend!

Marj

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 8:48PM
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado

I think waiting till next Sunday is a super-duper idea! I went out a couple hours ago to put more blankets on top of the blankets that are already MORE blankets on top of my tomatoes, and it's not just cold out, it's "Illinois COLD," as in: Humid in addition to the COLD! Nasty, nasty! NOAA is still showing next Saturday in the 60's, and whatever it is on Sunday, it has to be better than it's gonna be tomorrow!

I'll keep my plants Chillin', which shouldn't be too hard to do, and will be looking forward to next Sunday!

See you all then,
Skybird

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 9:17PM
kvenkat(5a Colo)

I will miss all you guys. I am leaving for India on the 12 th. I will bring my coleus cuttings to the spring swap. they will be a better size by then. Have fun!

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 12:21AM

Looking forward to the swap tomorrow - see you there!

Marj

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 10:18AM

I'll be there! Still need to label some of my stuff but have the sedums all divided up into "batches" now and am mostly ready with the plants! Still need to bake/prepare the food I'm bringing!

See you all tomorrow,
Skybird

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 2:17PM

I have some airplane/spider plant babies I can snip off. Let me know if anyone wants any of those and I'll bring them along.

Marj

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 9:00PM
treebarb Z5 Denver

I would take a snip or two, Marj. Will see you tomorrow!

Barb

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 11:37PM
polygonum_tinctorium

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon. 10:30 is the time we set in the other thread, so that's when we'll be there.

I'll soon be going outside to take fresh cuttings for those who've requested it. A piece of yarrow (small rooted plant plus the runner it's sending out now) is dug up and in a little pot. I'll see what else is available to share.

I won't bring seeds or sempervivums or houseplant starts unless someone requests something specific. Unless I change my mind and bring some anyway, of course.

I'll check for any last minute requests or have-availables before we leave in a bit more than an hour.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 10:47AM
More Discussions
remove russian olive
At my gfs house she has a russian olive tree growing...
gjcore
The South Window
And, the greenhouse bench: Steve's digit
digit
Looking for Greenhouse Plastic & Row Cover source near Denver/Boulder
Hi, I'm looking for a good greenhouse plastic (film...
rossn
RMG - How do I do it -- Where do I find it thread!
Hi all, I just thought I'd start a thread here for...
Greenhouse, metal roof?
Hi, I'm in Victor, ID at 6500'. My husband is building...
ladypant
Sponsored Products
Artisan Copper Garden Torch with Braided Yard Stake - Polished Copper
Signature Hardware
'D' Marquee Light
Cost Plus World Market
Snail Bowl - BRONZE
$149.00 | Horchow
Cherry Mission Bench
$139.99 | zulily
Rich Brilliant Willing | Akoya 14 Inch Pendant Light
$635.00 | YLighting