My Siling Labuyo Pics/Description

world_tomatoesNovember 29, 2012

Had a great time growing these this year. I found that they are a good substitute for jalapenos in salsa and are great in stir fry if you are adventurous.

http://worldtomatoes.blogspot.com/2012/11/this-is-siling-labuyo-or-filipino-birds.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sleekit(10b)

I received seeds through a friend and have been growing this wonderful pepper for probably five years now. I have four plants that are still ripening peppers now (11/30). They have a great flavor and a short lived but intense burn. They are versatile in their uses and can be air dried and stored for later use. I dried around 60 of them and put them through my coffee grinder to make some extra hot red pepper flakes. I love this pepper and will be growing it as long as I continue to grow hot peppers.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 2:47PM
world_tomatoes

I do the same thing with the red pepper flakes! Just had som lasagna with dried crushed siling labuyo. I have also sprinkled it on pizza. It is a great little pepper.

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 12:53AM
DMForcier(8 DFW)

Whoa! For a minute there I was thinking that was the pointiest tomato I've ever seen. And pointy tomatoes with heat are A-okay with me.

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
How To Support Pepper Plants
Those who grow tomatoes know it that supporting the...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Seed soak
IIs 24 hours too long? I won't be home until then....
peps_22
Fish pepper info?
Once more turning to my hot pepper elders... I used...
uncleflip
Time Lapse Video of Carolina Reaper Sprouting
Check it out my little reapers are finally coming up....
capsicummaximum
Do Habs take longer to germinate?
I've only had one Hab germinate after 2 weeks and almost...
ozzy2001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™