clivia seed banks

baci(z10Ca)January 24, 2006

I am looking for clivia seeds, and am considering joining some of the organizations to obtain some unusual varieties. Does anyone have any experiences with some of the seed banks of these organizations?

I have had a bad experience with joining an unrelated seed bank, and want to avoid spending money without hearing of a seed bankÂs reputation first. I am interested in any experiences in the varieties offered, and if they follow through in sending.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baci(z10Ca)

Bumping this down.

Bookmark   January 25, 2006 at 9:55AM
strever(z9a N/CoastalCa)

baci
what organizations with seed banks are you referring to ?

Dick

Bookmark   January 25, 2006 at 9:18PM
baci(z10Ca)

I am looking for a clivia organization  I have not had any experience with them. My seed problem was with CRFG. They have a seed bank problem & are supposed to be straightening it out, but it has been a year of past orders and no seeds. I am supposed to get them & they are working on it, but I have paid a lot of money for seeds that should be planted fresh.

Bookmark   January 27, 2006 at 4:56AM
strever(z9a N/CoastalCa)

baci
there are several groups you should look into
in Calif check out NACS, in March they will have a convention http://www.northamericancliviasociety.org/home.php
& you should join the yahoo groups
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clivialovers/ and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clivia-enthusiast/

best of Clivia growing
Dick

Bookmark   January 28, 2006 at 4:37PM
baci(z10Ca)

Thanks, Dick  I have contacted NACS & appreciate your also suggesting them. I will also check out the yahoo group. By the way, if you know of any amaryllis society, I would appreciate that information. There is new forum here, but I am also looking for an amaryllis seed bank also.

Bookmark   January 29, 2006 at 9:18AM
cherryirene(Z7)

H'lo
A great source of absolutely fresh seed is Silver Hill seeds in south Africa. They are not real cheap but I think are reasonable. I have paid up to $4 for the rarest sorts . They keep you on a list and as soon as they get a crop of seeds in , they will email you right away. I keep my credit card details on file with them so when they have something I want, I just send them a list and tell 'em ' You know where to send them". They also have hundreds of indigenous seeds in their catalog which you can order the regular way. Search on google.

Bookmark   April 22, 2006 at 9:20AM
More Discussions
Gardening in ZA!
Hi all! I just started a garden and am wondering where...
jennapete912
Gerbera Daisies - I am VERY new to this!!
Hi everyone! I am VERY new to gardening. VERY NEW....
JenH1723
Streptocarpus wendlandii - my first.
Hello. So after watching gardeners world and Chelsea...
mushibu10
Propagating crocosmia
Can you propagate this plant by leaf cuttings and if...
wexgardener
Anyone growing Proteas as a houseplant?
Is anyone growing any proteas as houseplants? I have...
livingfossil
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™