Looking Zantedeschia/calla lilly

jxa44January 13, 2004

You would think this would be an easy plant to find . . .

I'm looking for *colored* calla lillies -- especially the very dark maroon colored ones. I'm having a difficult time finding a source on the web. I found a company in Oregon and I know that Brent and Beckys will eventually have them (their 04 catalog isn't online yet).

Anyone have other sources?

Thanx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
georgeinbandonoregon(z9 OR)

k. van bougondien was offering "black forest" a deep purple-black variety as well as other colored forms. they are wholesale but probablly would accept a minamum order of 50.00--they were selling 6 bulbs of that variety for 49.50 anyway in their 2002 catalog. check out www.kvbwholesale.com and see what might be available.

Bookmark   January 14, 2004 at 7:58PM
sowthefrikan(z7b/NE TXexas)

If you go down to your WalMart today, you're in for a big surprise ... tah dah (sung to the tune of Teddybear's Picnic).

Picked up three kinds of coloured calla rhizomes here in Texas yesterday. Check your WalMart out. I now have flame, an orange/red with speckled leaves, the dark lavendar purple, and a pinkish white. They also had yellow and white. All at $2.79 x 2 rhizomes if memory serves me correctly.

Bookmark   January 19, 2004 at 2:51PM
jxa44

Thank you SowthEfrikan,you're right, Wallmart has loads, and I *also* found some at (of all places) Costco! Dark maroon -- not quite black, and not quite red, but pretty.

Thanx again.

jxa44

Bookmark   January 19, 2004 at 6:39PM
jxa44

Thank you SowthEfrikan,you're right, Wallmart has loads, and I *also* found some at (of all places) Costco! Dark maroon -- not quite black, and not quite red, but pretty.

Thanx again.

jxa44

Bookmark   January 19, 2004 at 7:04PM
sowthefrikan(z7b/NE TXexas)

Glad you found them, I like them also. For some wierd, inexplicable reason, even though they originate from home, I never seem to think of them as South African plants.

Bookmark   January 21, 2004 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
Erythrina Acanthocarpa
Hi gardenweb members Does anyone know care instructions...
ashur
Protea cynaroides growth and flowering patterns.
Hi everybody! I have a question about Protea cynaroides...
petarkostov
Kukumakranka ( Gethyllis)
Not many postings to the forum lately. Some thing to...
Garrickza
Oxalis obtusa pollination?
I attempted to cross pollinate some of my o.obtusa...
rredbbeard
Amaryllis paradisicola
Perhaps I have an intrusive question but I try carefully. I...
ton2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™