where to buy pumpkins

matoad_gwOctober 9, 2007

It is that time of year when I decide to place several pumpkins inn my yard for fall decoration UNTIL I price them at King Soopers. Does anyone know of a farmer who wants to sell his at a decent price? I would not mind picking them myself. I live in Arvada but would be willing to drive a distance!! Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cnetter(z5 Co)

Every year the family goes to Rock Creek Farm in Broomfield. I'm not sure if they are much cheaper than the grocery store, but you get to pick your own and they're all the same price. We go for the fun of it. We've aready got our 4 pumpkins from there.
All the details are at the link below this post.

Anothe fun pumpkin activity that's coming up this weekend is Punkin Chunkin. Pumpkins are launched using trebuchets, air cannons, whatever. I'm going.
punkin chunkin

Here is a link that might be useful: Rock Creek Farm

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 6:25PM
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado

HereÂs a link to pumpkin patches and corn mazes all over Colorado. I looked over all the ones in the Denver area, and IÂve never been there, but Rock Creek looked like one of the best to meÂand itÂs not too far away from me!

Happy Halloween everyone,
Skybird

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkins & Mazes in Colorado

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 7:08PM
bpgreen(5UT)

To prepare for next year, just throw some of the pumpkin seeds on the garden when you carve the pumpkin (or smash the pumpkin on the garden whole if you do the painted pumpkin thing). They'll be some of the first things to sprout next year and you won't have to worry about buying any pumpkins next year. The drawback is that the pumpkin vines may take over your entire garden.

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 12:25AM
matoad_gw

I am overwhelmed with all these possibilities- thank you so much. I will definitely head to the Rock Creek Farm and then to the others after that! And yes, I have decided to plant my own next year. Happy Halloween Gardeners All!

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 4:51PM
dafygardennut(5b-ish, CO)

We just got back from Miller Farm in Platteville (exit 243 off of I-25, and 5 miles east). So much fun. For $15 there is a hayride through the fields where you can pick 50 lbs of produce. It takes about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

We got tons of carrots, potatoes & peppers, green beans, beets, onions, pumpkins (mostly little ones), corn, cucumbers, squash. It's getting to be slim pickings of the tomatoes and peppers, but between the five of us we have a card table loaded with stuff, a plastic chair full of potatoes, over 4 lbs of peppers, 3-1/2 lbs of green beans, and 14 small pumpkins.

There is also a corn maze and a hay maze for the little ones, pedal tractors, and a petting zoo with goats, sheep and a llama. My 4-year-old niece had a blast and discovered she loves eating fresh-picked green beans.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miller Farm

Bookmark   October 13, 2007 at 11:51PM
More Discussions
Raised Bed - How to Deal with Dogs
We purchased a house a couple years ago that had a...
Sean Hull
I could build that!
Well, why not ? No, that floor isn't sloping. There's...
digit
Bare Root Roses
This week I saw a whole new rack of Bare Root Roses...
flowerridge
Greenhouse, metal roof?
Hi, I'm in Victor, ID at 6500'. My husband is building...
ladypant
Eating my Poppies
I know, poppies are supposed to be one of those plants...
blueiris24
Sponsored Products
Hampton Bay Path & Landscape Lights Solar Charcoal Brown LED Walk Light Set
$48.80 | Home Depot
American Rug Craftsmen Augusta Omaha Black Runner Rug
$82.99 | LuxeDecor
Orb Floor Lamp
Ballard Designs
Lithonia Lighting Emergency Lighting New York Approved 2-Head Steel Emergency
$88.86 | Home Depot
Radiance 2" Light Filtering Sheer Shadings. Free Samples and Shipping!
Blinds.com
Sonneman Perch Polished Chrome Floor Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Tan Flower Shade Bronze Swing Arm Desk Lamp
Lamps Plus
New Mexico Art Print
$22.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™