Retail nurseries/garden centres in the Garden Route

flora(USDA z7)March 23, 2003

Could any of the South Africans reading this forum name a couple of good retail nurseries or garden centres in the Garden Route region, around George or Knysna? Both for native and non-native plants? We are thinking of a second home in George, and do not want to start everything off from seed. Want to investigate nurseries when we go later this year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
modjadje(Willamette Valley Zone 8)

Flora, you will find that George is a fair sized town and that there will be LOTS of nurseries available to you. What an exciting prospect! The George/Knysna/Plettenberg Bay area is absolutely beautiful, with some indigenous hardwood forests with old growth stands.
When you are there, just look in the Yellow Pages for nurseries, then ask the local nurseries for references to specialty nurseries which carry the native plants. That area has a lovely temperate climate and you will have SUCH fun gardening there. Good luck in your venture! Delina

Bookmark   March 25, 2003 at 1:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Garrickza(South Africa)

Flora . Look at my posting under ZA Gardening websites for the link to Brabys . You should find a few nurseries in the areas you need listed there.

Bookmark   March 26, 2003 at 6:20PM
More Discussions
Gerbera Daisies - I am VERY new to this!!
Hi everyone! I am VERY new to gardening. VERY NEW....
JenH1723
Erythrina Acanthocarpa
Hi gardenweb members Does anyone know care instructions...
ashur
Protea cynaroides growth and flowering patterns.
Hi everybody! I have a question about Protea cynaroides...
petarkostov
Streptocarpus wendlandii - my first.
Hello. So after watching gardeners world and Chelsea...
mushibu10
Protea seed search
Hi, I am looking for some harder to find Protea seeds...
Mike726
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™