NEW: 3rd Annual I.E. Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap
(Photo courtesy of tsheets)
Okay, I know that the I.E. Totally Tomato Swap is still going on, and this swap is scheduled for March, but I just can't wait to get started with this swap again! Besides, I've been told by some folks that they'd like to get an early start, so that they can get their seeds back in time for this season's crop.
So here are the rules (every swap's gotta have them):
* No deadline on signing up, but ALL seeds must reach me by February 28th. I will do my very best to have them back out by March 5th. That's a full week earlier than last year!
* Seed packets should be labeled as commercial, or harvested/hand collected.
* Seed packets should have minimum 12 - 15 seeds per packet.
* Limit of packets per variety = 3. If you send in more than 3 of a variety, the rest will be considered extras.
This will increase the variety in the swap. More variety sent in = more variety received back : ) If you have something very rare, or in high demand, contact me privately, and I may wave the 3 pack limit for that item.
*** This being my third year to host, I am tweaking the rules a bit. Due to having way too many of certain varieties in the past, I've created a list of peppers that will NOT be accepted in this swap. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them, but they are very common varieties, that are available at any Walmart or Lowe's, so therefore, not on anyone's wishlist. If you send these in, I will return them to you.
California Wonder, or any Unnamed Bell Peppers (very few people had Bells on their wishlists at all)
Seed Mixes of any kind
If you have a rare, named variety of one of the items on this list, email me, and I may make an exception.
* Limit of total packs = 40. I've lowered it from 50. Last year I had a couple of folks send in 50 different varieties. Do you know how hard it was to come up with 50 varieties OTHER than the ones they sent in?
* Please put your GW name on the seed packet. This will ensure that you don't receive your own seeds back.
* Include a list of what you are sending in. This will also ensure that you don't receive the same thing you sent in.
* Please include a wishlist, or at least me know if you prefer Sweet/Mild, Hot, Superhot, or a Mix, so that I can send you things you will enjoy, even if I don't have items specifically from your wishlist. You may also indicate if you prefer OP/Heirloom types, or Hybrids. I can't guarantee what you will get back, since it is dependent on what others send in, but I will do my best.
* Commercial seeds should have an expiration date of '11 or '12. If hand collected, they should have been harvested in '10 or '11. Please put this information on the seed packet.
* Canadian GW members are welcome to join, as long as there seeds reach me by the deadline. Since they are unable to post on the Round Robin forum, they will need to email me to sign up.
* And last but not least, please include a return address label, and enough postage, for the return trip. If you are sending cash, remember postal rates went up last week. Also, if you want me to send your package with a delivery confirmation, you need to send enough $ to cover it.
* I will email you privately with my mailing address once you have posted here to sign up for this swap. You must make sure that your GardenWeb profile has your email address listed, and it's visible to other members, so I can contact you.
I apologize if that sounds like a lot of rules, but this will keep the swap fair and fun for everyone.
Let me know if I've forgotten anything.