Yippe part 2

sweetvengeJune 22, 2014

Memphis Music-Finally after years of searching and trying a Abracadabra, I got my dark red with yellow stripes rose. Although was hoping for more of a color distinction between the red and yellow and more stripes, I'll take it.

Memphis Music with Red Intuition

Red Intuition

Rock & Roll

Tenacious

Purple Tiger

Andre Willemse

Rosa Mundi

Oranges & lemons

Calico-thought i lost this one from the past winter, usually in the past I would of shovel it out but kept reading other poster's comments to give roses more time to see if they come back and this one did

Sandy's Pick-another cute one got late last year from For Love of Roses, this one is not cooperating with me, keeps opening during the week which I've been away for work lately, hopefully will get better pics when it opens right away

Bee Knee's

Devotion-really beginning to love this rose

Prins Claus

Shockwave-new one this year

Vavoom-going to give this one another try,planted it a bit deeper then usual,hopefully come back after this winter

Annapurna

Velvet Fragrance

Champagne Cocktail-just had to post some more pics of this beauty

Last one another pic of Grand Old Opry

as always thanks for looking.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara_ann-z6bok

Some very colorful roses Sweetvenge, I would imagine your yard is very colorful when they are in bloom, such vibrant colors. Your striped roses are lovely, I thought I liked Rock 'N Roll and Purple Tiger best, but I love all of them. Devotion is a very pretty rose, I can see why you love it so much. They are all very nice.

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 5:29PM
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

All great colored roses! Thanks for sharing...

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 8:45PM
bethnorcal9

Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!! My faves... the stripeys!! Ooooh now I know I gotta get GRAND OLD OPRY! Wow, that's beautiful!

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 8:50PM
seil zone 6b MI

They're all gorgeous! And you'll find that with every bloom you'll get a different look!

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 9:43PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

What do you think of Memphis Magic?? It's such a gorgeous flower. Wow!

I got Velvet Fragrance last year as a bare root - didn't flower. This year it has buds. What do you think of this rose?

I really like Shockwave!! Wow what a pow of color!!

Your Rock & Roll is divine!!! I have this rose and ABSOLUTELY love it. The smell is fantastic. But on my blooms, the colors bleed into each more than yours. Yours have that nice clean delineation between the colors. Really gorgeous!!!
Thanks so much!!!!!
Carol

Bookmark   June 23, 2014 at 8:53PM
sweetvenge

Carol-I do like Velvet Fragrance, it definitely has a strong fragrance to it which you will probably enjoy. I remember one time last year when I opened my back door and was immediately noticed a nice fragrance coming from the garden when I followed the scent, it led me to Velvet Fragrance which is a good 10-15 feet away. Maybe I caught it at a good time with the wind coming my way, but it was a nice strong scent.
As far as Memphis Music this is the first full year with it but I've always wanted one like this to add. I like these odd type of roses, either with the stripes or different colors to them. I was hoping for some more yellow stripes on these, but maybe with the next set of blooms.

Bookmark   June 24, 2014 at 1:24AM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Really!! That's a pretty strong fragrance. I won't expect that - but it's wonderful to know it has a great fragrance.

Yeah, that looks like the type of flower that will vary with temperature. So the stripes will probably get more intense. What a velvety looking rose.
Carol

Bookmark   June 26, 2014 at 3:00PM
More Discussions
Finally the buds didn't fall off.
Here's a mini florist rose I got a couple of years...
dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
Roses in Oz
Is there a site for Australian roses as on garden web?...
roseladyvic
Roses that need support--ideas
I had some leftover pieces of materials that we are...
kathy9norcal
Name that Rose Game! Part 2
Here goes. Thanks Sara for suggesting we keep this...
kublakan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™