Phygelius

conroe_joe(9a)June 2, 2004

Hi,

I'm looking for some cuttins/suckers of Phygelius, any type or color.

If you have some and want to arrange a trade, just email me. Maybe I have some Texas natives you could use, or some Aloe seedlings.

Cordially,

Conroe Joe

ConroeJoe@aol.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jessiep(9tex.)

Joe I ordered seeds from Morgan and Thompson and there was 6 in the package.I planted and have 3 plants in pots.Also gave Carletta one.They are growing but no blooms and they said mixed colors.Maybe in the fall I can do something about rooting some or have some seeds if they bloom.It may be to hot here.My Irocroma will not bloom due to the heat.Jessie

Bookmark   June 4, 2004 at 9:13AM
resmith(SW BC)

Joe,
I recommend 'Sani Pass' ('Sensation') - a rich purple colour, which is quite different from the usually reds and yellows.

Bookmark   June 4, 2004 at 3:55PM
conroe_joe(9a)

Hi Jessie,

I think I owe you a cycad, anyway. I was supposed to bring it over last fall (oh well).

The tropical tree you gave me grew so much last year I had no place to house it for winter--but it was so special I took it to a friend's house in southwest Houston. It just keeps growing; I suppose it will flower soon.

Joe

Bookmark   June 4, 2004 at 5:21PM
conroe_joe(9a)

Hi RE,

I wanted to mention that just about everythign grew like crazy from the seeds you sent--I thought they took their time but they are making up for it now.

The Eucomis vandermewei has grown a lot for something called a dwarf species (some Web pages). I have 10 or more little plants, 2-3 inches tall and each with a pea-sized bulb. I had to move them to larger pots recently. They liked germination under lights in winter and seem to like summer in Texas. A few have started getting little spots on their leaves.

Cordially,

Conroe Joe

Bookmark   June 4, 2004 at 5:26PM
Carletta(9 TX)

Jessie, I regret to say that the phygelius is not looking good. It hasn't grown and seems to be on the way out. I really hate it; I tried to keep it protected from constant direct sunlight.

Bookmark   June 25, 2004 at 11:19AM
More Discussions
Gardening in ZA!
Hi all! I just started a garden and am wondering where...
jennapete912
Identification.
Good day. I would like to identify this tree. I tried...
Loekie1
proteas in pots
I just bought a couple of plants I've been drooling...
xenozoon
Protea cynaroides growth and flowering patterns.
Hi everybody! I have a question about Protea cynaroides...
petarkostov
Oxalis obtusa pollination?
I attempted to cross pollinate some of my o.obtusa...
rredbbeard
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™