betsy clebsch

pccrozat(z7 Lyon France)January 4, 2008

Hello

I don t think I have posted here. I am Pierre and I garden in France, in Lyon (mild continental climate with strong mediterranean influence. temp can go down to -10°C for 5 to 6 days in a row. water can be scarce in any season (or not).

I am looking for a really good book on sages. I liked the B Clebsch "book of salvias" (that i borrowed) and I would like to know if I should buy that book, or the "New The New Book of Salvias" from the same author, or something else?

thank you for your imput

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rich_dufresne(z7 NC)

The newer edition is preferable. Also, try The Gardener's Guide to Growing Salvias, by John Sutton. This book is written from the English point of view. Finally, keep your eye out for another book of Salvias by your countryman, Christian Froissart. I do not know what the name or publishing date will be. Perhaps Robin Middleton will know. I do not think thaty info is posted on his web site, but that is surely worth a visit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Robin's Salvias

Bookmark   January 4, 2008 at 11:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pccrozat(z7 Lyon France)

hello and thank you for your information.

I don't think the book from Froissard is out yet, and I don't know that name either. I will be looking for it.

thanks again

pierre

Bookmark   January 9, 2008 at 12:55AM
More Discussions
Salvia X Trident Questions
How should I treat this one. Like a hot desert Salvia....
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
How to prune Pineapple sage for winter
My Pineapple sage in pot is at the end of its blooming,...
Gofrsz
help identify this plant please!!!
Hi fellow garden enthusiasts! Can anyone help me identify...
sabine77
Salvia regla 'Mt. Emory' source?
I am looking for a source of Salvia regla "Mt....
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™